What's new

Odin 250C

Viruk

Initiate
Hi,

I've started to have some trouble with my Odin 250C - I want to repair or replace if possible, but I'm struggling to find any stock anywhere - has anyone seen one of these in stock anywhere? Have DOVPO stopped making DNA devices or am I being dumb?

In case anyone can suggest options for repair:
I'm getting resistance readings that are somewhat unstable, but way too high compared to what I know the build is at and what I've measured on another device. I'm guessing it's likely a connection issue somewhere but I'm not sure where the best place to start is.

Does anyone have any details on a teardown on the Odin before I blindly dive in and risk messing things up further?

Thanks in advance for any advice, suggestions or assistance :)

I had a similar problem with my old minikin, have you tried cleaning the 510 thoroughly with iso alcohol?

If that doesn't work @dovpo_uk is the one you want to talk to.

I had a similar problem with my old minikin, have you tried cleaning the 510 thoroughly with iso alcohol?

If that doesn't work @dovpo_uk is the one you want to talk to.

I haven't tried with alcohol, but I'm not sure that's it - I'd have expected a slower decline in performance and resistance reads if it was just in need of a clean but it can't hurt to try.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Hopefully there'll be a way back for this as I need an Odin :P

He's talking specifically about isopropyl alcohol, not yer mam's vodka stash ;)

Carbon build up on threads can have a slow but drastic affect on resistance readings It's the most likely case of wandering resistances

He's talking specifically about isopropyl alcohol, not yer mam's vodka stash ;)

Yes lol - I've only got Cachaça to hand but will try to find some proper rubbing alcohol to sort it tomorrow - or later as it is now ;)

I just have a horrible feeling it's going to take a little more than that - but we'll see :)

Try tightening the screws in the 510 plate, don't overtighten them tho.

Best not to do anything drastic till you've spoken to @dovpo_uk, you don't want to void any warranty you might still have.

@Viruk

Chances are it’s the solder joint as shown if this joint becomes dry it can create various problems with ohms reading

49905235-0108-4D05-97E2-F00705B023D8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom