What's new

Oh dear ...... Potential Wismec Predator 510 problem

I had one briefly and it was cool then I had to clean the firing contact because it was auto firing. Then about a month into ownership it stopped reading atomizers so that is a thing too . My 2/3 had the same issue but 6 months later at 60k puffs .

I had one briefly and it was cool then I had to clean the firing contact because it was auto firing. Then about a month into ownership it stopped reading atomizers so that is a thing too . My 2/3 had the same issue but 6 months later at 60k puffs .

What tank was you running with it at the time it went T!T$ up?

28mm zephyr Buddha, i vaped around 115watts . I ran it for a year prior without issue on my rx200 which is still going issue free.

Attachments

• 20170503_013900.jpg
    20170503_013900.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 322
In hindsight if the 510 didn't crap out Vaping With Twisted 420s triple would have fit nice on the Predator and probably permiated less so I wouldn't have needed to clean The firing contact as much . Also The mod is really stuffed together and uses the cheap vinyl battery tubes like the es300. In the instance you still want one I found the mod refused to shutoff and required me to take the cells out manually to shut down . I figured it was firmware as Wismec updates are hit and miss. The second time I put batteries in the device after the occurrence it started running off immediately after I pressed the fire button. The firing might time out at 10 seconds . I'd rather play with mech mods than mess with the capabilities of a Wismec board. I've heard of these catching fire but haven't seen pictures . The es 300s definitely autofired into detonating with a simular board .

Last edited:
The 510 connection ran fine for me for over a year but now I am getting the Atomizer short message between every hit. I remove the batteries, put them back in and I can get another fire up out of it. I suspect the problem is I used an RDA on it and juice has just seeped through over time and gunked up the connection. I've ran a cotton bud around the connection and it's clean but same problem persists. Rather than taking it apart I just ordered the Dovpo M VV mod instead :)

The wire between the 510 & terminals is thin, poorly soldered & prone to breaking off. This increases when used with atties with longer 510 pins, putting extra pressure on the sprung 510. I ended up using attie gaskets with some atties to prevent this on the Predator & so far no issues.

no one buy this or any smok mod !
under powered
bad design
crap

510 breaks if u look at it

juice gets into fire bar very easily causing auto fireing dangerous

usb port will break if a feather land near it
etc etc

no one buy this or any smok mod !
under powered
bad design
crap

510 breaks if u look at it

juice gets into fire bar very easily causing auto fireing dangerous

usb port will break if a feather land near it
etc etc
Mines still rock solid a year on. Perhaps your a clumsy fecker [emoji6][emoji16]

Mines still rock solid a year on. Perhaps your a clumsy fecker [emoji6][emoji16]
lol i am
but iv seen lots of these returning to my local bnm on par with smoks
most had no aty problems but a few were auto firing

Back
Top Bottom