What's new

Oh, oh.....!

MavicP

Achiever
Came down this morning to an empty tank in the BB and I'm pretty sure there was juice in it, along with a fresh battery last night. The tissue in behind the Boro was soaking and I had one of those horror moments, where I thought the tank was full when I went to bed. Anyway, I thought now was as good a time as any to strip it down and check for a soaked board and seal it while I was there.
20190318_092633.jpg

After stripping the head of one of the screws on the board cover, I eventually got it stripped to find no juice inside, (thank feck). So I prised the board out enough to get some Sew Simple, a Copydex type of rubberised adhesive around the pin.

20190318_091122.jpg

20190318_091459.jpg

It was a bit of a bugger to get the cover off, it's pretty tight, but eventually it came off. The board will move enough on a dna mod, to get sealant or whatever you use, into the pin/wire, to make the seal.
I feel a lot happier now it's done as I have had issues with the chimney section of the Vapeshell lifting up with the top nut, so what ever is in the tank, just pisses out of the bottom. I have had it go everywhere and I've only had the BB less than a week.
Anyway, onwards and upwards and hopefully dry going forward.
This took half an hour to do, so don't put it off if you've not done it yet....;)

Good job @MavicP I did my SXK BB a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't take long is not difficult and gives peace of mind. I have not done my genuine BB because i dont think it suffers from the same problems to the same degree.

Good job @MavicP I did my SXK BB a couple of weeks ago and it doesn't take long is not difficult and gives peace of mind. I have not done my genuine BB because i dont think it suffers from the same problems to the same degree.

I only got my one last week @Martvb60 , but I've had a couple of leaks and this one made me nervous.
For all the time it takes, it's well worth doing for the peace of mind.

Yes i agree. what are you using in your Boro and any ideas why you leaked i think most leaks are user error i.e. Boro glass not pushed fully up or distorted o rings through pushing the bridges through at an angle.....

As far as I’m aware the genuine BB’s do not suffer from the same thing
I would be wary about doing this to mine and negating the warranty

So did you just put sealant round the underside of the pin @MavicP , rather than taking it out the top the way @Vapaneezer Scrooge did in his tutorial? I’m planning to do this myself soon, got a tube of the fernox stuff vap recommended.

Yes i agree. what are you using in your Boro and any ideas why you leaked i think most leaks are user error i.e. Boro glass not pushed fully up or distorted o rings through pushing the bridges through at an angle.....

I'm using a Vapeshell and I'm pretty sure it wasn't seated properly, so user error.

So did you just put sealant round the underside of the pin @MavicP , rather than taking it out the top the way @Vapaneezer Scrooge did in his tutorial? I’m planning to do this myself soon, got a tube of the fernox stuff vap recommended.

Underside @zouzounaki, the pin popped up when I put it back together, so I might do the top when I get a minute.
It's a doddle of a job, apart from removing the screw with the chewed head..!

Back
Top Bottom