What's new

One more cheeky monkey!

Took a few more pics, but shall wait until tomorrow and see if the batteries show up (fingers crossed) before opening everything up for a closer look as i can't realistically use the setup until the batteries are here and charged.

I've been building PCs for years and it's not often i get really excited, but i feel like a child again, it's almost embarassing to get so excited over some electronics, i'm practically giddy.

Group shot! :)

54yyZJI.jpg

Last edited:
Took a few more pics, but shall wait until tomorrow and see if the batteries show up (fingers crossed) before opening everything up for a closer look as i can't realistically use the setup until the batteries are here and charged.

I've been building PCs for years and it's not often i get really excited, but i feel like a child again, it's almost embarassing to get so excited over some electronics, i'm practically giddy.

Group shot! :)

uXJLYRD.jpg
Wouldn't hurt to start making coils and practice fitting them while you wait for your batteries. It can be annoyingly fiddly till you get used to it lol. You'll be a dab hand by the time they get there. :)

Have a nice build wicked and ready. :)

I have no means to test the resistance and fire the coil without one of the batteries for the ohm tester at least, i might aswell wait and it'll give me a nice project to work on over the weekend, assuming the batteries turn up tomorrow.

And they did (turn up today), stellar service by Fogstar, they shipped the batteries in free battery cases, they also included some spare insulators and battery wraps with the order to. Ordered Tuesday evening, got shipping confirmation Wednesday morning, arrived today.

Waiting on these beauties to charge now and taking a shed load of amateur(i forgot the flash last time) pics of all the new gear.

ejqNJQH.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quick update on my earlier concerns regarding the Siren 2 i received (earlier post on page 2), the line didn't come off initially with a very light wipe, used a bit more elbow greese and away it came, no marks at all now, on the glass nor the tank itself, must have been some left over marks from manufacturing, which has made my day that little bit better. Probably won't be updating again today, off to enjoy my friday evening now, have a great one yourselves! :)

Have my Siren 2 soaking in water right now to remove the alcohol i used to get rid of the machine oil smell(which is gone now), want to make sure my first build isn't plagued with an awful oil/machine taste. Any Siren 2 owners know what the coils are that are included with this tank? I'll fire them up on the ohm tester later and see what reading i get, but there's nothing in the manual that gives me a clue what kind of coils they are(the manual doesn't make any mention about the bags of bits the tank comes with).

I'm going to make my own coils anyway, but i'm curious about what they are, SS? Kanthal? They look like Kanthal to me, but then i'm still totally new to this and they could be something else.

EDIT: Worked it out using steam engine and comparing to the wire i purchased, pretty sure the included coils(at least the single one i tested) is 26ga, 7 wraps, 3mm ID, it's coming out at 0.98 ohms on the meter which lines up perfectly(close enough) on steam engine.

Last edited:
Was damned nervous as hell trying to build the coil(had to have a few goes, got a decent enough coil on the second attempt) and wick the build deck, but i got there, pretty much copied other people building on it but did my coil a bit different, i went for 28ga Kanthal, 3mm ID, 7 wraps spaced(better air hole coverage) and it came out at 1.58ohms, been vaping it for 10 minutes(@16.5W) and by god does this thing taste amazing. I'm still happy to vape the old pen, but wow what a difference in flavour and vape. I'm going to sit back and enjoy my weekend with the new vape, i'll update the thread in the week when i've had a bit more time with it.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that i've had zero leakage problems, no burnt taste and dry hits, it's been absolutely tastylicious since the moment i fired it up, but now running 14-15W (feels better there for me). Loving the airflow control, single largest hole is lovely, but also don't mind it all 5 holes open, yum. I've vaping Vapouriz Blueberry @ 12mg (for anyone curious to know).

Last edited:
Thoroughly enjoying the new kit, really loving the Siren 2 opened up all the way(or partially) and also closed off minus the largest hole. I have found myself dropping off the wattage however(again), 1.6 ohm (good as, mod reads 1.58 or 1.59 thers's some flux there, tester did the same) at 14-16W is a touch too heavy(fine for infrequent use) of a hit with continous use for me, 10-11W feels great, i can suck on that beast all day. I can see my juice running out quicker, but it's hard to put the vape down now.

I'm getting giddy again, hope you had a great weekend everyone! :)

Next i'm thinking i want to try out some shortfills but i cannot see myself needing some juice quite yet, collected my last order from the supplier but still shipped the order to us (staff member i spoke to obviously forgot to mark it shipped - did not get charged twice), whilst lobbing in a bunch of free bottles because of a big delay and some issues with their shipping labels(RM couldn't deliver because the label was unreadable). Paid for 6x10ml bottles(bundle purchase), ended up with 17 or so.

Will probably try to swing into Vapouriz (i get all my juice from them, have liked all their juices to different degrees - the few other brands i tried didn't compare) at some point as both their store and warehouse are in the next town over, hopefully i'll be able to try out some juices they sell in shortfills. Pretty certain i could happily vape at 6mg now, the step down to 12mg from 18mg was easy enough at the 6 month point(18mg was becoming really harsh it was a welcome switch) and i've already finished a bottle of 6mg juice that came with the order mentioned above. The only thing i noticed when stepping down before(and i'm sure it'll be the same again) is that my initial vape usage goes up, but that tends to settle down after a few weeks having adjusted to the new nic strength.

Aside from juices i will likely start eyeing up a second tank, maybe a cheap clone to experiment with or another authentic(berserker or galaxies maybe). Cannot think of anything else i need or want at this point, except maybe a few different drip tips but it seems wasteful making an order just for those, so i'll likely consider it when i have a reason to order something more substantial.

Back
Top Bottom