What's new

Orchid v4 Single Coil??

You could also try a narrower bore drip tip to improve flavour.

Oohhh...I have a nice narrow one somewhere, must dig it out for experimenting with the single coil before I try a lower ohm dual set up

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Oohhh...I have a nice narrow one somewhere, must dig it out for experimenting with the single coil before I try a lower ohm dual set up [emoji4]

Yeah you need a narrow drip tip, like this;

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416984004.032411.jpg

I'm running my v4 with 2x8wraps of .28 mm kanthal,wrapped around a 3mm screwdriver. It's giving me 1.2x ohms.
That should offer you a starting point if you do decide to dual coil it.

I'm running my v4 with 2x8wraps of .28 mm kanthal,wrapped around a 3mm screwdriver. It's giving me 1.2x ohms.

Just got mine settled in, 2 x 10 wraps of 0.25 around a 2mm screwdriver. Set the coils about 1.5mm above the airholes, wick just looped through and touching the deck either side of the airholes.

Wound up to 25+ watts, its rather impressive. Still not as good flavour as a drilled KFL with a macro coil though IMHO.

Perfect...I'll give it a try

Hope it works :D

It works...but not as well

I'm getting a slightly harsher hit and less vapour with dual coils at the mo but guess that could be down to a number of factors...

Hopefully the harsh hit will settle down a bit as the coils bed in, stay with it for a while before you rip it out would be my advice

Hopefully the harsh hit will settle down a bit as the coils bed in, stay with it for a while before you rip it out would be my advice

It's started to settle already. Harshness is going but flavour a little muted. I'll get this thing chugging if it kills me

It's started to settle already. Harshness is going but flavour a little muted. I'll get this thing chugging if it kills me

That's the spirit!

The first time i built did mine, came out at 1.6 and was perfect, no dry hits and wicking like a champ, just a bit too high resistance for me.

Now.... 3/4 attempts later.. I've given up.

I've got other things to deal with.. back with the mini protank.. have to tell myself its only temporary :(

Back
Top Bottom