What's new

Paramour SBS box mod TCR question

^^ Blimey, all sounds way too technical for me but good luck.
:thankssign:
I've determined that Dicodes TCR settings are the actual values multiplied by 1000. That was easy.

The Paramour's still make no sense, though, and Mechlyfe aren't being overly helpful. All I want from them is a formula to convert TCR values into the numbers that the mod uses; you wouldn't think it would be all that difficult. :banghead:

Screenshot 2024-01-05 at 1.28.25 pm.png
or whatever, it's usually stated in the manual.

it's usually stated in the manual.

It's not. The manual for the Paramour is one of the most useless ones I've read; it's about as basic as basic can be, and is sorely lacking in information.

I'll be brutally honest, if it ain't yihi, dna or dicodes, you're wasting your time. The only other manufacturers I've ever come across with passable tc is vaporesso and dotmod, this thing ain't any of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be brutally honest, if it ain't yihi, dna or dicodes, you're wasting your time. The only other manufacturers I've ever come across with passable tc is vaporesso and dotmod, this thing ain't any of them.
It's looking that way, though I'd have to add Lost Vape's Quest 2 chip to that list. It works extremely well - almost on par with my SXmini. I haven't found Vaporesso to be any better than Geekvape...and that's a bit hit and miss, to be honest.
I'm still going to see if I can puzzle through the Paramour's TC settings, though, if only because I want to understand what the hell Mechlyfe have done.

OK... was considering buying one for my Bi2hop but now... emm... I am looking for the mod with the TC which I can just press like: I want 140C... or 170C... and if I will set the correct material - it will work. Or where I can upload the material to device....
OK, it will cost a bit more but... DNA based one will be the choice then.

OK... was considering buying one for my Bi2hop but now... emm... I am looking for the mod with the TC which I can just press like: I want 140C... or 170C... and if I will set the correct material - it will work. Or where I can upload the material to device....
OK, it will cost a bit more but... DNA based one will be the choice then.
You don't necessarily need to get a DNA device. Innokin, Yihi SXmini and Lost Vape do temperature control very well. If you can afford it, though, buy a Dicodes.

You don't necessarily need to get a DNA device. Innokin, Yihi SXmini and Lost Vape do temperature control very well. If you can afford it, though, buy a Dicodes.
Well, Dicodes seem to be a good device (was looking on Dani SBS 21700), but I do have two points of concern:
1. unsure what is the "acceptable" tank height? I do not want to search for an extended drip tip just bcs...
2. Price tag... well... yes, I do look for something small, was considering Rebel but - look to 1 above - it will not suit me.
Somehow I am starting looking for other not large devices, with the chip which would do the job, which will be (tank height wise) not taller than 33mm AND will have reasonable price tag.
I do know: it's a bit off top, but now (just to give an example) I'm looking at the SXK Stickman SLGT V2 Gera GT DNA60

Well, Dicodes seem to be a good device (was looking on Dani SBS 21700), but I do have two points of concern:
1. unsure what is the "acceptable" tank height? I do not want to search for an extended drip tip just bcs...
2. Price tag... well... yes, I do look for something small, was considering Rebel but - look to 1 above - it will not suit me.
Somehow I am starting looking for other not large devices, with the chip which would do the job, which will be (tank height wise) not taller than 33mm AND will have reasonable price tag.
I do know: it's a bit off top, but now (just to give an example) I'm looking at the SXK Stickman SLGT V2 Gera GT DNA60
Check out the Innokin Proton Mini. I'm using a Zeus X RTA with the dual-coil deck on mine. I've fitted a pair of SS316L coils and it's working perfectly in temp control mode.

Tank height is entirely up to you, but SBS devices are more limited with regards to the diameter of the tank. I currently have a SXK Hussar on my Paramour, an extended Suicide Mods Ether on my Mixx, and a Vapefly Siegfried on my Hadron Lite.

Check out the Innokin Proton Mini. I'm using a Zeus X RTA with the dual-coil deck on mine. I've fitted a pair of SS316L coils and it's working perfectly in temp control mode.

Tank height is entirely up to you, but SBS devices are more limited with regards to the diameter of the tank. I currently have a SXK Hussar on my Paramour, an extended Suicide Mods Ether on my Mixx, and a Vapefly Siegfried on my Hadron Lite.
Well... to be fair, from my mods point of view, I do have Therion 75c, Therion 75c BF, Drone 250c, Triade 250c, Thelema Solo 100c, Asmodus Thor and Thor II, ThinkVape Craton... all DNA mods.
Apart from that I do have only 2 non-DNA ones: LostVape Centurion BF and mentioned by you Hadron Lite.
The last one I'm trying to use with my Bi2hop, but I have found it uncomfortable for 2 reasons:
1. The TC looks a bit flimsy, and it is only in the Freezing fingers per 10 mins in the cold liquid... wait, I meant: in F ;)
2. the fire button is on top of the battery column, so considering that Bi2hop is not 50mm tall, I need to put both: drip tip and my finger to the mouth if I want to fire it.

I think that the College from Dovpo would do the job, but it is not available anywhere (Especially in the gunmetal).

i witam rodaka ;)

Back
Top Bottom