What's new

Pico - genuine vs fake...

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 58360

I stuck this here because I don't know where else it'd fit...

So @BigBadBubbage bought a fake on eBay and didn't want to use it (/couldn't with the intended atty) so here's the comparison I offered.

This'll be a multiple post thing, so brace yourselves ;) (pics will be better later, these are quick phone snaps)

Let's start with a quick overview:

As presented - I assume this was how it arrived. The box itself feels alright, but the inserts don't fit as I would expect.

IMG_20191024_130205552~2.jpg

On the back:

IMG_20191024_130229687~2.jpg

The qr code does point to eleafworld, but the scratch and sniff has no smell ;)

IMG_20191024_130325187~2.jpg

Yeah, nothing to scratch off, it's literally just silver ink.

The device feels cheap in comparison to an original - more on that later.

The tank I can't compare to an original Melo III mini because I don't have one - that's the subject of the next post in a bit...

I'm just going to let the tension build a bit while I take my daughter swimming :18:

@BigBadBubbage . due to it being a clone as it where. Ebay would have refunded you as the item is a fake. You may have had to return it to the seller tho but you would have been able to get fully refunded, probably not worth bothering with as i guess it cost between £10-15.

@BigBadBubbage . due to it being a clone as it where. Ebay would have refunded you as the item is a fake. You may have had to return it to the seller tho but you would have been able to get fully refunded, probably not worth bothering with as i guess it cost between £10-15.
I asked for a refund as soon as it arrived as I knew it was fake. They tried to deny it so I opened a return item case. Got offered a partial refund, so I said I wanted a full refund. They refunded me and didn't provide a return label or address. Hence me passing it on for autopsy. Wasn't going to use the mod as I was concerned about safety and the tank looks like it would melt

Back
Top Bottom