What's new

Pre made coils?

Grayson

Initiate
Any recommendations for premade coils that are in stock for a geekvape legend 2 and Blaze Solo Rta?
Thanks.

After a look around tubs of DL fused clapton coils seem a bit thin on the ground. If you are happy with the quad core 28 gauge fused claptons that were originally supplied with the blaze solo then Flawless Vape have tubs of 10 Wotofo quad 28 Fused claptons for 6.49. I have no idea if Flawless are good or not but I don't recall hearing anything bad.

If you have a coiling rod I'd recommend buying a spool and winding your own as it's really easy and Coilology, Wotofo and Vandy Vape all do their own versions that are similar in quality to the ones supplied with the Solo. Unfortunately, finding them in the UK is another thing though as it seems most places are out of stock.

Winding your own coils is so stupidly easy and it allows you much more flexibilty in terms of the diameter and number of wraps you want to use.

The problem is so many vendors seem to have decided to move away from stocking DIY coils in the last year so finding a decent supply is getting a lot harder.

Currently Vaping101 seem to still have a decent range of DIY coils and wire spools. I use Coilology 10ft spools. A lot of their range are out of stock but they still appear to have some Ni80 3 core twisted clapton spools which are probably what I would choose out of what's available. You can see what they've got here.
https://vaping101.co.uk/products/3192-coilology-performance-diy-resistance-wire

Or you can look though their full range of DIY coils here if you prefer that.
https://vaping101.co.uk/collections/diy-coils

The ones i use a lot in my blaze solo RDA are Wotofo Quad Core Fused Claptons 0.26 ohm from sr- vapes and cost £3.99 for a tube of 10.

I mostly use mesh RTAs but otherwise Coilology Alien v2 Ni80 2.5mm and Tri-Core Fused Clapton Ni80 3mm are my go-to pre-made coils.

I do have wire to wrap my own, but sometimes convenience is king plus its hard to beat that machine made precision.

Last edited:
Winding your own coils is so stupidly easy and it allows you much more flexibilty in terms of the diameter and number of wraps you want to use.

The problem is so many vendors seem to have decided to move away from stocking DIY coils in the last year so finding a decent supply is getting a lot harder.

Currently Vaping101 seem to still have a decent range of DIY coils and wire spools. I use Coilology 10ft spools. A lot of their range are out of stock but they still appear to have some Ni80 3 core twisted clapton spools which are probably what I would choose out of what's available. You can see what they've got here.
https://vaping101.co.uk/products/3192-coilology-performance-diy-resistance-wire

Or you can look though their full range of DIY coils here if you prefer that.
https://vaping101.co.uk/collections/diy-coils
Is this the spool I should get? Twisted Clapton 4-28/36 ni80.
Any links to coil making kit? Thanks

There are two, a tri-core 3-28 and a quad-core 4-28. The thicker 4-core will mean a slightly slower ramp up time but a slightly bigger surface area so a little more vapour production but there's not much to choose between them. I would probably think about the tri-core and then have the option of doing either 5 or 6 wraps to get the vapour production how I like it.

As for the coil winding kit you only need a cheap kit. In the photo below I've indecated the only two pieces I use from the kit. The main part has a hole for you to feed the wire through which provides an anchor point and then you just need the different sized rods and you can choose whichever you prefer. When you wrap the wire just do it by hand and don't use the top part of the coily jig as the wire just tends to get caught and it doesn't push the wire around properly.

I've found it on Amazon for £8. It's called the Coil Master Coiling Tool Kit 6 in 1.

coiljig.jpg

Last edited:
Don't bother with all the coil winding stuff. Just get a old 3mm screw driver or what ever size you want, and wrap. You will have all the stuff you need with out buying tools for it.

If you've screw drivers but no calipers to measure, just match the screw drivers to a 2.5mm and 3mm drill bit to wind 2.5mm or 3mm coils, you'll need one anyway to straighten the coil after tightening the screws on the legs.
Not got a blaze but I've used these wotofo FC's on a few modern RTA's and it's just cut the legs to right lenght and the've dropped in perfectly.

Attachments

• 20240306_125400.jpg
    20240306_125400.jpg
    818 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom