What's new

New RTA recommendations?

Grayson

Initiate
Been out of the loop regarding new vape technology.
Can anyone recommend a new rta to go with an aegis Legend v2 classic?

Single coil deck.
Leak proof or near as.
Best flavour instead clouds.
Compatable with bubble glass to hold more juice.

Thanks.

Looks promising.
Which pre-built coils
would be best for this?

Wotofo, Coilology and Vandy Vape all do their own versions of 10 pack Ni80 quad 28 core fused claptons that are easy to find if you want to stick with the same type of coil that comes supplied with the RTA. i find them all to be of a similar quality.

If you are willing to go one step further and wrap your own coils the same manufacturers all do 10 foot spools of the same wire and you'll get 30 coils out of a single spool. The flat profile of fused clapton wire makes it ridiculously easy to wind so don't be intimidated if you haven't wound your own coils before - all you need is a coiling rod - for the blaze solo, wrap to 3mm internal diameter.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@Grayson @JohnNada looks like the blaze solo is quite hard to get hold of now, plus you need to take into account the non-standard drip tip which you’re buggered if you lose. Great vape if you can get your hands on one though.

Another good budget single coiler is the Hellvape Dead Rabbit solo

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/rba/hellvape-dead-rabbit-solo-rta.html

That also appears to be more readily available as well.

I've actually got a Dead Rabbit Solo on the way to review myself. If it's anything like the Fat Rabbit Solo it'll be a good one. I really liked the Fat Rabbit so I'm hoping this is a similar atty.

I'd also agree with @JohnNada on the Coilology Alien V2 coils. Very good. And if you are willing to wind your own the flatwire flat clapton wire is good for flavour in single coil RTAs.

Will I notice much of a difference from my current tanks flavour wise?
Vandy Vape Kylin V2 RTA

I have found a blaze solo in stock. Would the rabbit be better though?

I can't comment on the flavour of the Dead Rabbit as I don't have it, the Blaze Solo is very good but don't underestimate how tricky the Blaze Solo is to wick. @red5 's review does list the wicking as a con - and it definitely is. I've got the hang of it now - almost. A build (or clean and rewick) will be good for maybe a few days at best, then it will start to gurgle or go dry because the centre of the wick has burnt out, so I'm not quite there yet - and it isn't forgiving at all - if it isn't just so it will either gurgle and spit or dry hit. I've noticed a review or two specifically about how to wick the Blaze Solo as follow ups to original reviews so obviously a lot of owners have experienced difficulties with the wicking.

I can't claim to be any kind of rebuilding guru, but I've owned approximately 30 DL RTAs over the last 6 years and the Blaze is definitely one of the trickiest to wick and although I'm close to getting there I'm still not 100 per cent confident I'll get it right..

If you use DL RTAs frequently then it may not be a problem for you and the flavour can make it worthwhile, but if not, as much as I like it when I get it right, I'd go for something else.

Back
Top Bottom