What's new

Review Provari 3 - First Look!

ukvaperdude

Postman
I waslucky enough today to receive a Provari 3 from my mate who owns the local Vapeshop. I’ve tested and tried a few things for him over the last few months and as you can imagine, today has been like Christmas in our house!

First impressions out of the box were pretty good if I’m honest – it looked good, and felt like it is what it is going to cost retail! First thing I noticed was the extension, I realised it was going to accommodate am 18650 battery without having to buy an extender cap! Then I noticed they included a beauty ring which was a nice surprise too. I noticed a new type of connection (510 by default) on it as well - its called P3.

Stuck the battery in and started to look at the menu options – there are loads and loads (I’ve added a table of the options in attachments) For all you vapers out there that really like to customise your vape, you will love this device. The added bonus with the P3 is that you cansave 5 separate profiles for instant recall! You can change the button light, you can change the speed the displayscrolls at, you can chage it to be easier to use if youre left handed, you can change the screen brightness – it goes on. Most importantly, you can change both the wattage and the voltage! Range for watts is 3-20, and voltage is2.9-6. More importantly, you can now subohm – the Provari wont dick out or throw a spat unless you go under 0.7ohms.

One option I did try, and really enjoyed was “BOOST”. What this option does is it gives a little power boost to give you some cloud! I tried BOOST = 1 and BOOST = 5 – there is a difference! The Provari leaps into life at 5 and you get a lovely big cloud. I tried 5 when I was using a 2 ohm Aerotank Mega at 10 watts. You hear it burst into life. It’s a really good option (provided you can be assed to scroll through the menu options!) J

Theres a couple of other things it will display. It will tell you how much battery life you have left, but will also tell you the quality of the battery and it connection, it’s called IQ. Yet to look into that too much, but Provape are raving about it!

I’ve tried it with several attys today; Aerotank mega and mini and a couple of Kayfun Lites. I’ve tired 0.8, 1, 1.2,1.5, 1.8 and 2 Ohms. Thoroughly been loving being able to customise my vape depending on the device and Ohm. I’m so hoping after I’ve finished testing it and playing that he lets me keeps it! Any questions, or additional photos, please let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_20140822_155327.jpg
    IMG_20140822_155327.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20140822_153015.jpg
    IMG_20140822_153015.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20140822_155437.jpg
    IMG_20140822_155437.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 193
  • Front Screen.JPG
    Front Screen.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 316
  • wattage.JPG
    wattage.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 312
  • Voltage.JPG
    Voltage.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 308
  • Options.jpg
    Options.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
I might be the only one but I just don't like it. The casing looks cheap, the screen looks cluttered and the font looks terrible.

Maybe it looks better in the flesh, but I can't see myself paying top dollar for this without seeing it first.

I never owned the previous model but I did really like the look of it, especially the zombie one :)

i guess its only the beta build, but it does look a bit mnyeah. Is there some sort of new connection thing going on, its 2014 and the 510 needs to go

For those of us who like videos ......

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be the only one but I just don't like it. The casing looks cheap, the screen looks cluttered and the font looks terrible.

Maybe it looks better in the flesh, but I can't see myself paying top dollar for this without seeing it first.

I never owned the previous model but I did really like the look of it, especially the zombie one :)

I think my crappy camera phone does it no justice. In the flesh the casing doesn't look cheap and in the hand, it doesn't feel cheap - it has a lovely satin finish to it. I rate it over the V2.5, and I own V2.5 satin Silver. I know what you mean about the Zombie though -lovely looking device

Funnily enough, I was just in Tesco and someone came over to have a gander - he liked it! Then security asked us not to vape in store!!!

Like I say, I'm just testing it so I can advertise/feedback to the shop owner. They will retail around the £200 mark, and having paid £160 for my V2.5, if I'm not allowed to keep this one, its defo on my "want" list. :)

i guess its only the beta build, but it does look a bit mnyeah. Is there some sort of new connection thing going on, its 2014 and the 510 needs to go

Yes, but I believe having read some more on it, its specific to Provari. Its a much wider threaded connection. I took this from another thread: -

● The new P3 thread is a unique top connection which allows you to adapt multiple tanks including 510, Ego and P3 threaded tanks (coming soon). As new connections become available, the P3 will be able to adapt with screw-in adapters. Ego style adapters will be sold separately. As new tanks are developed with the P3 thread, they will adapt for a clean hybrid look.

Hmmm I'm not a fan of the look as it is now. I'm sure in the flesh the finish is immaculate and the whole thing feels reassuringly expensive but it just doesn't do it for me. I think it's mainly that P3 hexagonal logo, it just looks cheapish. Like it has been stamped instead of machined. No doubt it will perform flawlessly, just looks-wise, I'm on the fence atm.

I personally think provari or whom ever makes that over priced mod has blatantly shot them self in the foot by only releasing a 20w mod considering what's going to be hitting the market in the near future

Back
Top Bottom