What's new

Responsible Vaping

evaporized1

Initiate
I have been a Vaper for 12 years and have never purchased a disposable vape and this is why! Disposable vapes makes you think they are ok to dispose of this is not the case! They are a lazy convenience there is want, but no need! I will explain: Disposable vapes are too damaging to the environment! The plastic is one thing the other is the lithium battery inside, which is very toxic to the environment, lithium batteries contain metals such as cobalt, nickel, and manganese, which are toxic and can contaminate water supplies and ecosystems and can leach out of landfills! Also to note: Lithium is also a growing precious resource as well! Each disposable vape, on averagely contains 0.15g of lithium! In a removable battery vape set-up, these batteries can be commonly removed and placed in a battery bank after use after many multiple uses, these have been available for a long time and are a much better environmentally friendly option than disposable vapes! Most of these disposable vapes are thrown in a normal bin or discarded in the street! Check your local vape shop for any recycling schemes they may have in place, if you insist on using disposables at least the lithium battery won't be going into the landfill! It's getting a very big problem! There are estimated 1.3 million single-use vapes are thrown away in the UK alone, 2 vapes a second enough to power approx. 1,200 Electric Vehicles this is absolutely shocking and out of control! We cant carry on like this surely? I'm personally ashamed as a Vaper to be even remotely associated with this, how do you feel about it?

Last edited:
Good post, but you are preaching to the converted on this forum.

Most vapers using this forum have a healthy disregard for single use vapes, oh and dont feel ashamed to be a vaper, be proud that you are an ex smoking vaper.

Most vapers using this forum have a healthy disregard for single use vapes, oh and dont feel ashamed to be a vaper, be proud that you are an ex smoking vaper.
It's good to hear that most on this forum don't use disposables! I don't like preaching as you put it, but this really gets my goat as you can tell!

One-of-us-gif.gif

^^ Same. Well said.

Meanwhile the WHO it seems want to ban vapes which are what they refer to as open systems which I think means you can't refill them.

My other half is the vaper. I am merely the liquid blender. But she won't use a disposable vape either for the reasons the op detailed.

Back
Top Bottom