What's new

reviewing products

Just because I was posting on the Evolv website, Gearbest emailed me asking to be an affiliate and review their products.
I have a soul, so I've declined.

Just because I was posting on the Evolv website, Gearbest emailed me asking to be an affiliate and review their products.
I have a soul, so I've declined.

You should have took them up on it and been honest.
Its the ones that have said they want a copy of a review before I post it up that I have declined.

Im going to test that theory as I have free stuff to review and I will give my honest thoughts.
But if a company is kind enough to send me something to review, Im not going to slate it.
You dont call a parents baby pig ugly, even if you think it. But you can say that you think the baby has a large head and makes too much noise.
Same kinda thing...

Hmm I’m no sure, I think your reply might confirm @KetracelWhite ’s assertion.

You should have took them up on it and been honest.
Its the ones that have said they want a copy of a review before I post it up that I have declined.
Not really interested. I have too many mods and tanks as it is. I'm vaping for pleasure, and can't be arsed trying stuff just because it is free.

Im not bothered about the free stuff.
Everything I have reviewed so far is bought and paid for with my own money. I rattle off the specs and give my thoughts afterwards. The few free things I have will be reviewed in exactly the same way.
The only reason Ive been reviewing the pods is because I need to seriously compact my vape. Im trying to find 'my' right device and along my way, I give my thoughts for you lot.
My soul is still safe.

Im not bothered about the free stuff.
Everything I have reviewed so far is bought and paid for with my own money. I rattle off the specs and give my thoughts afterwards. The few free things I have will be reviewed in exactly the same way.
The only reason Ive been reviewing the pods is because I need to seriously compact my vape. Im trying to find 'my' right device and along my way, I give my thoughts for you lot.
My soul is still safe.
Your soul is safe mate.
Your reviewing isn't the type I was meaning.:D

I review a few things now and then. First thing i have to say is I do this to help out members as well as the vendors kind enough to send free stuff. I use the goods and write about what i think of the product myself.
For some people to say reviewers put up fake or influenced reviews just for free stuff isn't entirely true and it can sometimes smack as jealousy even if it isn't meant that way. My reviews are due to companies asking me to review which must be because they have seen my reviews and like them.
If i find something bad i will say it's bad the same as i would with anything, people need to know both the pro's and cons.
What gets forgot is that it does take up time to write up a review it takes time to use the goods etc etc so in sense the goods are not free, they are a gift for spending a few hours of someones time. which means it is not free advertising. Some reviewers spend money on stuff like webcams, lighting etc to do video reviews again not free.
There are also members who review goods then give them away, again this wipes out the argument that reviewers only do reviews for free stuff.
So if you think that reviews are only free adverts or someone being biased then the answer is don't read or watch the reviews.
Yes there are reviewers mainly on youtube though who are in it for the money and free stuff who will big up everything to keep the goods and cash coming in, but it doesn't apply to all reviewers.
So in a nutshell, there is more to it than getting "free" stuff so i think folks should stop moaning about things. Who wants to be moaned at for anything?. No one so put yourself in their shoes before you moan. ie remember to think how you would feel if someone slagged you off for something. That's right you wouldn't be happy. Everyone is equal, everyone is entitled to do reviews, everyone is entitled to live how they choose so with that why would you want to complain about something that doesn't affect you, pay attention to your own business, than those of others and let others get on with their lives rather than moan that they are getting this or that etc or stay away from stuff you don't like as it negates you from having a moan and will save you time as you won't feel the need to moan. Spread some love rather than hate

Crusty makes a good point or two.
Free stuff is far from free, even if I count my time at minimum wage it would be cheaper to buy it.
I give far more than I recieve, be it in time, advice or stuff.

Back
Top Bottom