What's new

Richie's Vaporesso Gen PT60 Review

RichieRich

Achiever
Ay up! Bonjour! Guten Tag! Konnichiwa! Nǐn hǎo! Hola! Zdravstvuyte!

Another review for you all!

Kindly supplied by @Vaporesso, is the new Gen PT60 Pod Kit, featuring the new xTank.

Pic1.jpg Pic10.jpg

Details of the kit can be found on Vaporesso’s website here: https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/gen-pt60-pt80s

Available in 6 colours, all come with the Gunmetal xTank, apart from the Light Silver kit, which comes with the Silver xTank. The difference between them is the colour of the airflow ring.

Unboxing
In the box, you get the Pod and Mod. Under the flap contains 2 coils (0.2 and 0.4 Mesh), USB charging cable, and a Manual. The small tray holding the mod in the box is plastic, doing a good job keeping it secure in transit, but the rest of the packaging is 100% recyclable.

Pic2.jpg Pic3.jpg

I had been looking forward to testing the new xTank. Being a fan of the PM80 PodMod that started off on the GTX coil series, I was keen to see how this one compared.

Lets start off with the tank.

Vaporesso have dubbed this has Quadra-leak resistance. Everyone hates leaks, so this something I’m keen to check out.
The kit I’ve been sent is the non-TPD version, so the pod is 4.5ml capacity. It is a plastic pod, with a smoked appearance. I’m not usually a fan of dark tinted pods because it can cause issues when filling (which I’ll mention shortly).

Pic4.jpg

The coils supplied are the Triple o-ring versions, which is good to see, and they work really well with this pod. That bottom oring ensures any leakage within the pod, does not make it outside and onto the top of the mod, meaning the mod stays squeaky clean. The pod is compatible with the entire GTX range of coils too.

Pic7.jpg

The Pod itself, has an industry first (claim made by Vaporesso), having the airflow and fill port integrated in to one system. Top-fill, and Top airflow. Having both placed in the airflow control ring at the top of the pod, gives this better leak resistance over its predecessor, the PM80.

Pic4.jpg Pic5.jpg Pic6.jpg

How does it work? Well, when the airflow is closed off, it reveals the fill port on one side of the tank, and when the airflow is open, the fill port is covered. Genius idea, but IMO, flawed in practice.

One advantage it has, is the fill port bung isn’t going to be accidentally opened, because the airflow ring ensures it can’t be accessed unless you close it.

Filling the pod is a bit tricky. Remember what I said earlier about smoked pods? Well, in low light situations, it is difficult to see the liquid level inside the pod, which means you could overfill it, and it happened to me on the second fill. What doesn’t help is the fill port is recessed in the airflow ring, so holding back the fill bung and navigating the bottle nozzle into the fill hole can be slightly tricky. Once you’ve done this a few times, it gets easier, but I’d have liked to have seen the pod have a removable airflow ring to make filling a little easier. Better still, a clear pod, instead of a smoked one.

Filling issue aside, once in use, this pod delivers some great flavour. Added benefit over the PM80, is that the pod has adjustable twin airflow to get it just how you want it. DTL, and RDTL, it’ll do both quite easily. I don’t think this pod will suit MTL, as the tip is quite wide, and the airflow doesn’t quite get to MTL restrictions unfortunately.

Having used this for nearly 3 weeks, the 0.2 ohm mesh coil supplied is still going strong, and chucking out a great vape. I’ve yet to use the supplied 0.4 coil (as its more suited to RDTL), but I’ve no doubt it will deliver on flavour.

Vaporesso are true to their word however. This pod has not leaked on me once, and having a small coil like this last me nearly 3 weeks is impressive. Only coil that beats that currently for me, is the 0.2 ohm GTi mesh that lasted me 5 weeks in the iTank!

Now for the mod.

If you are looking for a small, pocketable, compact, simple-to-use sub-ohm pod kit, then this could be for you.

Kit.jpg

The mod in this kit is quite small, and comfortable in the hand. It’s also light-weight, being a plastic construction. It has the same lightweight rubberised coating as the Gen mods, which feels great and grippy.

The top of the mod has a recess for the pod, and is held in with magnets very securely. The pod will not come loose accidentally! In the recess, there is a raised black plastic portion. I had initially wondered what it was for, it doesn’t press in or anything. All became clear when you try to put the pod in. This raised plastic piece ensures you have the pod in correctly, as it sits in one of the recesses underneath the pod. What becomes clearer is why they designed it this way, which stops the pod from turning when you turn the airflow ring!

Pic9.jpg Pic 8.jpg

Not much to report on the front of the mod, A big fire button, clear basic display, 2 power adjustment buttons, and the USB-C charging port.

Pic10.jpg

Onboard, is a 2500mah battery, which can be charged at 5v/2A depending on the output of your charger. Using a USB meter, I reached a max charge rate of 1.8A at 5v on a QC 3.0 rated charger. With a full battery, this easily lasted me a day or two in-between charges, but your use may vary depending on your coil selection, and how you vape. The mod fires between 5 - 60 watts, and I’ve been using mine at 50-55 on the 0.2 coil. There is next to no ramp-up time when you hit fire, its instant vapour and flavour ready to go!

It features all the usual protections such as short-circuit, overcharge, pcb overheat, and 10s draw cut-off.

The mod has 4 modes of operation. To enter the menu, pressing + & - buttons together.
VW - Plain old wattage mode, in Soft, Normal, and Hard setting. It is set to normal by defaut.
VV – Variable voltage
Smart VW – Wattage set automatically when a new coil resistance is detected

I’ve tried VW and Smart mode, both great, and in smart mode, gave the best wattage for the 0.2 coil as soon as the pod was attached to the mod. The wattage can be adjusted in smart mode too. If you are a new vaper, this mode takes out any guess-work, simply fit the coil to the pod, fill, and vape!

The display is white on black, and easily seen. Gives the basic info such as battery level, Power setting, coil reading, and puff count. The counter can be reset in the menus.

That’s pretty much it in a nutshell. Overall, a nice improvement over the PM80, taking leak resistance and airflow into account :2thumbsup:

Pros:
Easy to use
Leak Free
Compact
Fast charging
Lightweight

Cons:
Faffy recessed fill port
Smoked pod difficult to see liquid level in low light.

Thats all folks!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
great review mate this looks like something my son might like cheers

Do u happen to know the diameter of the pod?
The mod is 28mm wide at its narrowest. Pod is not that much smaller, i'd say 24-25mm.

I'll measure it tomorrow when I get the chance. I'm off to bed now :24:

If its a 26mm it may fit in the pod26 510 base and the px80 as well

If its a 26mm it may fit in the pod26 510 base and the px80 as well
Possibly, but this pod is made for the PT60, because of the locking tab on top of the mod. If you were to put this on another device like the PX80, then adjusting the airflow becomes a pain as you'd have to take it out of the device to turn the airflow ring. Once its in something like the PX80, there won't be much of the tank to grip with one hand while you adjust airflow, or fill with the other hand.

Back
Top Bottom