What's new

Royal Mail Update

BigCloud

Veteran
Royal Mail stops Saturday deliveries.

Royal Mail has scrapped Saturday letter deliveries across the UK until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic.

From this weekend Saturday deliveries will be "temporarily" halted, the delivery company said.

Royal Mail: Monday to Friday post will continue as normal.

"From 2 May we will temporarily no longer deliver letters on a Saturday. We will continue to provide a letter delivery service from Monday to Friday as normal. The majority of parcel services will be delivered on a Saturday including 1st and 2nd Class Parcels, Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48, Royal Mail Tracked Returns, Special Delivery Guaranteed and International tracked services."

ALSO POSTED IN THE LOUNGE

Just letters though. Parcels will still be delivered I think.

Royal Mail stops Saturday deliveries.

Royal Mail has scrapped Saturday letter deliveries across the UK until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic.

From this weekend Saturday deliveries will be "temporarily" halted, the delivery company said.

Royal Mail: Monday to Friday post will continue as normal.

"From 2 May we will temporarily no longer deliver letters on a Saturday. We will continue to provide a letter delivery service from Monday to Friday as normal. The majority of parcel services will be delivered on a Saturday including 1st and 2nd Class Parcels, Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48, Royal Mail Tracked Returns, Special Delivery Guaranteed and International tracked services."

ALSO POSTED IN THE LOUNGE

oh joy so when my parcels from china fianaly clear customs they wont get delivered till a saturday oh well it is what it is, i can see the thread what did the postie bring going to be quites then lol ;)

oh joy so when my parcels from china fianaly clear customs they wont get delivered till a saturday oh well it is what it is, i can see the thread what did the postie bring going to be quites then lol ;)
Why?
Post Monday to Friday - as normal
Saturday - parcels only
Just means no letters Saturday & all post Mon-Fri.

Why?
Saturday - parcels only

ahhh i was misreading it, i thought it was parcels only going be delivered on saturdays..

I thought Royal Mail were snowed under with mail waiting to be delivered ?. Unless it's all parcels.

I've got a parcel that was handed over to royal mail last Thursday ( 6 days ago ) but it still hasn't been delivered . It would normally be with me in 2 to 3 days. They must be totally snowed under. Limited staff etc.

For once i have nothing ordered or anything coming, think my bank account needs a rest

Why?
Saturday - parcels only

You sure? It very much reads like the majority of parcels will be delivered on a Saturday?

I had read somewhere that this had been in the pipeline for years, it's only covid 19 that's given them the excuse to do it.

However, I must point out that I'm not complaining. Whatever it takes to keep posties safe and things ticking over is a necessity.

Back
Top Bottom