What's new

Scottish Gov To Consider Banning Disposables

Obviously they use photos of adults using non-disposable vapes to illustrate their story :doh:

Obviously they use photos of adults using non-disposable vapes to illustrate their story :doh:
They can't use photo's of minors without parental consent, and doubt Getty Images have that kind of thing :18:

"He said there is limited evidence on their long-term impact on the products, but the World Health Organisation has concluded they are undoubtedly harmful to health."
What does that even mean? As far as inconclusive statements go that has to be the most nebulous I`ve read in a long time. if that is a sample of the logic they intend to use in any campaign, they`ll be laughed out of parliament. The peddlars of these "undoubtedly harmful" devices must be laughing their collective heads off.

The SNP hate vaping, trawl around the net a bit and one will find them in cahoots with the Australian anti vape brigade.

"He said there is limited evidence on their long-term impact on the products, but the World Health Organisation has concluded they are undoubtedly harmful to health."
What does that even mean? As far as inconclusive statements go that has to be the most nebulous I`ve read in a long time. if that is a sample of the logic they intend to use in any campaign, they`ll be laughed out of parliament. The peddlars of these "undoubtedly harmful" devices must be laughing their collective heads off.

It's bollocks. How can the WHO conclude it is undoubtedly harmful to health with limited evidence on their impact. I also roll my eyes when I hear mention of 'an expert group' as very often such 'experts' also talk a load of bollocks. The writer of the article quotes some statistics on the number of vapers that implies they relate to disposables when they don't and no mention of the fact vaping has helped people give up smoking which we do know is undoubtedly harmful to health.

It's also yet another article with no mention of how under 18s are buying disposable vapes and why the Scottish government isn't looking into that. I'm sure they are also buy cigarettes illegally too yet no mention of banning them.

Same old rubbish. I'm struggling to think of anything that isn't harmful to health. Everything we do in life comes with risks.

It's also yet another article with no mention of how under 18s are buying disposable vapes and why the Scottish government isn't looking into that. I'm sure they are also buy cigarettes illegally too yet no mention of banning them.

they’ve had anti smoking campaigns for decades though, which are obviously working as teenage smoking rates have dropped sharply in scotland the last 10 or 15 years.

they are only talking about considering banning disposables.

as far as his quote of WHO and it’s lack of relevance to this subject you need to bear in mind that he is a numpty :)

they’ve had anti smoking campaigns for decades though, which are obviously working as teenage smoking rates have dropped sharply in scotland the last 10 or 15 years.

they are only talking about considering banning disposables.

as far as his quote of WHO and it’s lack of relevance to this subject you need to bear in mind that he is a numpty :)

Also need to bear in mind whenever there is an attack (so to speak) on disposables ....vaping in general will get a wee slating mention.
So folks that are calling for a ban....need to be mindful, can't have yer cake n eat it.

Last edited:
Also need to bear in mind whenever there is an attack (so to speak) on disposables ....vaping in general will get a wee slating mention

it will aye. the scottish gov were having a consultation on vape advertising etc. they think it should be used as a smoking cessation aid. this seems fair enough, to me. but i think there is often a level of hysteria in these threads that is a bit tiresome. :)

Back
Top Bottom