What's new

Seeking thoughts, advice & recommendations......

John R Phillips

Postman
.......for the preferred Nautilus coil(s) for my needs.

Hardware: i-stick Pico Le topped with a Nautilus GT tank; and a Nautilus Prime X kit (with Nautilus pods);
MTL with a loose/airy draw;
“Off the shelf” 50/50 e-liquids; mainly Nic Salts (1%) but some Freebase (1.2%)

Ideally, I’d like to use the same coil in each set up, but appreciate that the juices may require airflow & wattage tweaks to suit.

Some of the coils in the Nautilus range are clearly non-starters, but that still leaves a number of likely contenders.

Thanks in anticipation.

JP

Would have thought the 1 ohm mesh coil would give you what you need, depending of course, on the wattage you require.

Thank you.
I’ll be going by the recommended wattage for any coil.
I only mentioned wattage in my op as some of the coils have a wide range. I don’t have any other requirement on that front.

For mtl you could use any other than the 0.3 and 0.4ohm coils though the 1.0ohm @rew mentions and the 0.7 may be better for a looser mtl. You may find a particular coil suits the X better than the GT or vice versa.

For mtl you could use any other than the 0.3 and 0.4ohm coils though the 1.0ohm @rew mentions and the 0.7 may be better for a looser mtl. You may find a particular coil suits the X better than the GT or vice versa.
Thank you - My rather limited experience, knowledge & research erred me towards the .7 & 1 ohm options. I had previously used an Innokin Endura and found the available coils (1.5/7?) rather restrictive. I’m currently using a couple of Minican+ units with the .8 coil-pods and find the draw very satisfying.

Second the 0.7. I use 50/50 liquids, tossing up between salts and freebase on low mg averages (3-6mg) sometimes I fancy a change on a 60/40 ratio but don't like switching up coils too much. Also go my the reccomended wattage. I Found the 1.0 burned more quicker in comparison to my personal usage, lasting appx 1.5 weeks, whereas 0.7 can give me average of 2-2.5weeks before I get that burn. I like mild and fresh fruits as a whole and switch it to a coffee tobacco on the odd for vapers tongue.

Second the 0.7. I use 50/50 liquids, tossing up between salts and freebase on low mg averages (3-6mg) sometimes I fancy a change on a 60/40 ratio but don't like switching up coils too much. Also go my the reccomended wattage. I Found the 1.0 burned more quicker in comparison to my personal usage, lasting appx 1.5 weeks, whereas 0.7 can give me average of 2-2.5weeks before I get that burn. I like mild and fresh fruits as a whole and switch it to a coffee tobacco on the odd for vapers tongue.

Mesh coils will use more juice than standard ones, the 0.7 and 1.0 should handle 60/40. Iirc there is also a mesh 0.7ohm for nic salts.

Mesh coils will use more juice than standard ones, the 0.7 and 1.0 should handle 60/40. Iirc there is also a mesh 0.7ohm for nic salts.
Yeah ofc! if you don't mind a little extra soakup from them, mesh coils can be a game changer for user experience imo. 0.7 is just my personal recc' for a go to as on my zenith 2, I get consistency no matter what liquid I go for. I've used 60/40 on a Endura t18/e with 1.5 coils no problem with good life to them, that's why I think juice quality *might* have a part to play in OP's problem :)

Yeah ofc! if you don't mind a little extra soakup from them, mesh coils can be a game changer for user experience imo. 0.7 is just my personal recc' for a go to as on my zenith 2, I get consistency no matter what liquid I go for. I've used 60/40 on a Endura t18/e with 1.5 coils no problem with good life to them, that's why I think juice quality *might* have a part to play in OP's problem :)

I don’t have a problem (other than not having experience of Aspire Nautilus coils) as such.
I feel I have outgrown the Endura kits (although they overnight got me off the stinkies).
I’m now looking to expand my horizons/options and go with kit that offers me a larger/wider range of features, functions & coils. My juices are mainly from the Dinner Lady, IVG, Pukka, Six Licks and Nasty ranges - not super high end maybe, but probably not in the lower segment either.

Back
Top Bottom