What's new

Seriously! Voopoo Argus XT 100 mod.

Tazz

Legend
Hi guys. Another huge huge fail from Voopoo.
Poo is the word.
Got a Poo XT 100 mod and tank. The tank I'll say first is fantastic. Top air flow, zero leaks. Yeah its top air flow but zero gurgles from the bottom, its a great tank 2 thumbs up. Love it. I reckon the tank and coils beat my favourite Geek Zues easy. Love it.
The mod...... total crap. Has a lanyard thing whatever. Push it in n down ...click...click...loose.
So its supposed to be everything proof. Forget it!
I dropped it onto a mad easy surface, carpet. Check out the result.
Voopoo, poo poo.... rubbish.
Tank, I actually love it with the coils. Great! Im all over it. Seriously, tank and coils are great.
Mod is Sh#$ avoid like the plague. One simple soft drop on carpet.
Fell apart like crap.
IMG_20230331_171941_012~2.jpg

That looks like a job for superglue. I'd also put a dollop of some kind of mastic around the 510 before you push it back into place as I don't see any seal and it looks like it relies on some kind of prayer system to keep juice out of the mod.

What the fuck did I miss? Getting banned for saying a mod is shit?

it’s a mod - and it’s shit, because the top fell off. Which Voopoo have form for on the X217 also.

:56:

Its too narrow and the top air flow tank which is a solid tall built one, which is very good, makes it all unbalanced and way too easy to knock over. Its too top heavy. That was from a 38cm high coffee table onto carpet.
Simply went to put it down, again its unbalanced, over it went tank first onto the carpet. The entire top is all just press fit.
It needs screws holding things in place. They went for a streamlined screwless design and it just doesn't work.
You gotta warn people about these things, especially these days when money is tight.
Yeah we'll see how long I last when my review of it goes up next week. Might be the last one they ask me to do :sleepy:

Its too narrow and the top air flow tank which is a solid tall built one, which is very good, makes it all unbalanced and way too easy to knock over. Its too top heavy. That was from a 38cm high coffee table onto carpet.
Simply went to put it down, again its unbalanced, over it went tank first onto the carpet. The entire top is all just press fit.
It needs screws holding things in place. They went for a streamlined screwless design and it just doesn't work.
You gotta warn people about these things, especially these days when money is tight.
Yeah we'll see how long I last when my review of it goes up next week. Might be the last one they ask me to do :sleepy:

I kept knocking the top plate off my OG Nunchaku mod because it is press fitted - but a dab of glue and a whack with a mallet sorted it. Not ideal I know but it can happen - if you drop it with a tank fitted and it lands tank first at the right (or maybe wrong) angle the shock of the impact can pop the top plate off. The Ehpro Cold Steel mod is exactly the same.

I kept knocking the top plate off my OG Nunchaku mod because it is press fitted - but a dab of glue and a whack with a mallet sorted it. Not ideal I know but it can happen - if you drop it with a tank fitted and it lands tank first at the right (or maybe wrong) angle the shock of the impact can pop the top plate off. The Ehpro Cold Steel mod is exactly the same.
Thanks, but I'll bin it. This will land tank first due to its balance. It's a lovely looking mod but has no structural integrity.

Back
Top Bottom