What's new

showcasing "Sageo" stabwood hybrid. leather, brass, stingray, stainless 21700 tube mod

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
DVD

The last samurai

Katsumoto: You believe a man can change his destiny?
Nathan Algren: l think a man does what he can until his destiny is revealed to him.

so a new quick-release toolpost on the lathe well not new an old one that after lots of shouting I finally got to fit

alfIMG_5521.jpeg

so lots of lathe work

alfIMG_5529.jpeg

different sections top middle bottom

alfIMG_5530.jpeg

hmmm 1.6mm blind holes and threaded holes 8 in total

alfIMG_5532.jpeg

so assembly is done its a 21700 with a clickfet led to take a 30mm tank

IMG_5526.jpeg

this is Sageo it came straight from japan its folded and noted silk

IMG_5534.jpeg

this is stingray leather very old, that was once another item its crazy stuff very very hard

alfIMG_5588.jpeg

so I tried with the sageo and failed the area is too small, so to do the wrap aka Tsukamaki I used thin leather this a practice run of many runs the knots are not knots they are folds in the leather it is an utter swine to do

add the bits

sag1.jpg
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg

I had proper trouble with the "ura" or bottom knot I'm happy with the outcome could be better

in the paw 360 degree

love my mods then like them buy one

Cool stuff.... tell me more about this Sageo stuff... it's silk?

are those little bobbles hard or soft?

Edit: ignore me that's the stingray leather right? .. the Sageo is the cord above.

Last edited:
Nice work.
Like the tool post
Very similar to the one on my Colchester at work

Cool stuff.... tell me more about this Sageo stuff... it's silk?

are those little bobbles hard or soft?

Edit: ignore me that's the stingray leather right? .. the Sageo is the cord above.

Its crazy stuff they are little beads very hard

Lovely job stu and truly unique but I get the feeling you’re dreading the day this comes back to have the Tsukamaki re wrapped!

Lovely job stu and truly unique but I get the feeling you’re dreading the day this comes back to have the Tsukamaki re wrapped!

it was fiddly to do being a mod, not a sword hilt but I find these sorts of mods fun to make as its more taxing, doing the same style of mod with battery here board here are good but you become blinkered you have to remind yourself that the mod your making is a one-off mod for the customer who has never had a stabwood mod so as to make the standard mod as special as a more elaborate mod.

the wrap is good but and I like it, but with more practice and different wraps and all that....

I must admit after seeing this I looked into stingray leather and it’s a bizarre medium to work with! Both hard and supple at the same time!

What an odd (unique) looking thing ...... a minion with leather breeches on :)

Back
Top Bottom