What's new

showcasing squid industries double barrel belt case in leather

vapesmarter

Mod Maker
@rawhead sent me a message over the double barrel

he wanted a leather case that clips to his belt ok

the squid is a nice mod apart from the door, the crappy finish, the panel that dies if juice gets on it etc

so......

DVD?

"Hannah"

Sebastian: So Hanna, is your mum and Dad still together?

Hanna: My mother is dead.

Sophie: [to Sebastian] Nice one, Dad.

Sebastian: I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my mum when I was very young, so...

Hanna: It's all right. It happened a long time ago.

Rachel: Hanna, what did your mum die of?

Hanna: Three bullets.

[Sebastian chokes on his wine]

technically the squid is a real ball ache to do, I can do external curves but not the internal the leather won't do that in such a small space.

we need some leather...

IMG_5987.jpg

so we have some 2mm Italian top grain cow hide

IMG_5986.jpg

shape cut mould dye with oil-based dye

IMG_5988.jpg

more shaping cutting dyeing

IMG_5989.jpg

I've cut the mod case "fat" attached, riveted the belt clip and stitched into place but because the finish on the squid is so shite I need to line the case with napa leather so that it won't scratch the mod

IMG_5990.jpg

I've bonded the napa then sew the top and bottom

IMG_5991.jpg

now cross stitch the front with tiger thread all the stitching is done by hand the leather is 3mm to 4mm in places thick so you can't do a running stitch on your mom's singer

add the base and more stitching buff polish buff polish repeat and

IMG_5999.jpg

with the mod standing up

IMG_5993.jpg
IMG_5994.jpg
IMG_5996.jpg
IMG_5998.jpg

it's a snug fit but soft and stable standing up in the case the clip is riveted and sewn all the way through for strength

I was tempted to k coat the edges I may do next time

squid belt case...... done

it will go out in a bag to @rawhead

next time

hmmm

"Morlock"

love my leather cases? then like them.......... buy one.

Last edited:
@rawhead sent me a message over the double barrel

he wanted a leather case that clips to his belt ok

the squid is a nice mod apart from the door, the crappy finish, the panel that dies if juice gets on it etc

so......

DVD?

"Hannah"

Sebastian: So Hanna, is your mum and Dad still together?

Hanna: My mother is dead.

Sophie: [to Sebastian] Nice one, Dad.

Sebastian: I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my mum when I was very young, so...

Hanna: It's all right. It happened a long time ago.

Rachel: Hanna, what did your mum die of?

Hanna: Three bullets.

[Sebastian chokes on his wine]

technically the squid is a real ball ache to do, I can do external curves but not the internal the leather won't do that in such a small space.

we need some leather...

View attachment 170466

so we have some 2mm Italian top grain cow hide

View attachment 170465

shape cut mould dye with oil-based dye

View attachment 170468

more shaping cutting dyeing

View attachment 170469

I've cut the mod case "fat" attached, riveted the belt clip and stitched into place but because the finish on the squid is so shite I need to line the case with napa leather so that it won't scratch the mod

View attachment 170471

I've bonded the napa then sew the top and bottom

View attachment 170472

now cross stitch the front with tiger thread all the stitching is done by hand the leather is 3mm to 4mm in places thick so you can't do a running stitch on your mom's singer

add the base and more stitching buff polish buff polish repeat and

View attachment 170481

with the mod standing up

View attachment 170474 View attachment 170476 View attachment 170477 View attachment 170479

it's a snug fit but soft and stable standing up in the case the clip is riveted and sewn all the way through for strength

I was tempted to k coat the edges I may do next time

squid belt case...... done

it will go out in a bag to @rawhead

next time

hmmm

"Morlock"

love my leather cases? then like them.......... buy one.
Oooooooh I like that ...... I like that a LOT! :2thumbsup:

it's Italian leather as in its made in Italy I have used or tried to use English hide but the Italian method uses vegetable tanning methods only used by them top grain is the top cut of the hide a split skin can be the mid cut etc then you have shoulder side belly etc it depends but the best you can get is Tuscan top grain Italian veg tanned hide but its not cheap about £250 for a good skin say about 20 square feet.

it's Italian leather as in its made in Italy I have used or tried to use English hide but the Italian method uses vegetable tanning methods only used by them top grain is the top cut of the hide a split skin can be the mid cut etc then you have shoulder side belly etc it depends but the best you can get is Tuscan top grain Italian veg tanned hide but its not cheap about £250 for a good skin say about 20 square feet.

So what's the difference between Italian and English? The Italian stuff will be softer I guess?

woo-fuckin-hoo !!!!

Absolutely love it Stu, stunning. The contrasting stiching on the leather looks amazing, and the depth of colour in the leather is mesmerising.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, you're an artist.

So what's the difference between Italian and English? The Italian stuff will be softer I guess?

that's where you get all technical

I have a local supplier that I have had calf skins off for gun cases the leather is lush but already dyed but it's very stiff so working it is very hard so I go for Italian when I can get it because it's softer and I can dye it whatever colour I want but I still have to soak shape and mould it back before I make the the case

its down to the skin and how it's been cut and processed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom