What's new

Side effects of Excessive Sub-Ohm Vaping

vape_buddy

Postman
Hi All,
Please share your experience with excessive sub-ohm vaping. What in your experience is the safe limit (ml wise at 3 mg) which you have found appropriate. I once used 9 ml in a day i.e. nearly 3 tanks and found chest congestion at night and mouth ulsers the next morning.
Also in my opinion the flavors should not be changed in between if someone is vaping heavily.
Thanks in advance.

Well put it this way- you will have to be vaping a hell of a lot, I'm talking litres, bathing in it and drinking it at the same time to cause yourself any harm from the nicotine at 3mg/ml concentration. 9ml a day of 3mg is nowhere close to doing you any harm. Chest congestion may be down to your lungs clearing crap out of them after quitting smoking, otherwise you may have an intolerance to VG/PG, mouth ulcers are also a common side effect from quitting smoking.

I vape an average of 20-30ml per day, switching flavours constantly, in sub and non sub ohm builds, though I've had days where I've vaped 50+ ml, and I'm definitely not the only one. @MrTeaTime is an absolute juice monster.

Out of interest, why do you think someone shouldn't switch flavours when vaping heavily?

I use 6mg liquid and use at least 10 ml a day. No mouth ulcers or congestion.

Well put it this way- you will have to be vaping a hell of a lot, I'm talking litres, bathing in it and drinking it at the same time to cause yourself any harm from the nicotine at 3mg/ml concentration. 9ml a day of 3mg is nowhere close to doing you any harm. Chest congestion may be down to your lungs clearing crap out of them after quitting smoking, otherwise you may have an intolerance to VG/PG, mouth ulcers are also a common side effect from quitting smoking.

I vape an average of 20-30ml per day, switching flavours constantly, in sub and non sub ohm builds, though I've had days where I've vaped 50+ ml, and I'm definitely not the only one. @MrTeaTime is an absolute juice monster.

Out of interest, why do you think someone shouldn't switch flavours when vaping heavily?
Just to echo what Dan has said, ill vape on average about 30mls to 50 mls a day, and have done nearly 100ml of 12mg juice in one day of nipplejuice....

I cycle 22 miles a day with no ill effects

Also in my opinion the flavors should not be changed in between if someone is vaping heavily.

What's your thinking behind this? :confused:

I'm not as heavy a vaper as some here, probably only 5ml or so a day in general but often do 10-15ml in a day depending on what I'm doing. Can't say I've noticed any difference in my chest or got any mouth ulcers on those days.

Thanks for your input. When I switch between the flavors say between creamy to aniseed type I do get a nasty cough. But in my personal experience I find myself much better compare to when I was smoking heavily, no wheezing, no coughing at night if I remain within limits of not using excessive e-liquid.

Hi All,
Please share your experience with excessive sub-ohm vaping. What in your experience is the safe limit (ml wise at 3 mg) which you have found appropriate. I once used 9 ml in a day i.e. nearly 3 tanks and found chest congestion at night and mouth ulsers the next morning.
Thanks in advance.
Right....this is my daily set up (s) and this is by means extreme.... I know for a fact that @dw1986 will have double of this set up and @South Coast Vaper the same....anyway...mine is....

Work, tfv4 with nipplejuice @12mg, also I'll take my sapor dripper with dripworx teatime, and liquid donut for juice.

Home, now I will have at least 5 or 6 atties on the go with different juices on the go in all of them....

The days of sticking to one juice (nipplejuice being the only juice I'll use all day) are lone gone ;)

I do several flavour changes a day, for instance: anise to menthol to liquorice to tobacco to strawberry to mango to chocolate....
no problems

Thanks for your input. When I switch between the flavors say between creamy to aniseed type I do get a nasty cough. But in my personal experience I find myself much better compare to when I was smoking heavily, no wheezing, no coughing at night if I remain within limits of not using excessive e-liquid.
You have to define what exactly is "excessive" limits of ejuice. I think it's perfectly normal to vape 50ml of juice per day. Set up and vaping style will determine your usage. In a subohm tank then 30ml would be my upper limit, where as if I'm dripping all day 40 to 60 would be normal. If I use my silverplay v2 then 20mls would be my norm. It's difficult to quantify what is "normal"

Yours and my normal differ, as will most people's ;)

Back
Top Bottom