What's new

How To Simple DIY Example and Price Breakdown

are people really that sensitive to such precise mixing? I just use a 50ml scaled measuring tube, a 200ml bottle to dispense into which lets me guesstimate the pg/vg ratio. Takes me 5 minutes to mix 200ml. I aim for a 4mg mix, and I would imagine i have a margine of error of +/- 1 mg at most. I aim for a 70/30 ish mix, i may have a error of + 5%, - 15% if being really lazy, add about 1% of flash enhancer, which is about one short squirt ... but there is no way I would notice the difference with these error margines.

Scales are better for making smaller amounts. I'll often make 10 or 5ml tests of mixes and I'd rather have 10x 30ml bottles of different flavours that 1x 300ml bottle of one flavour. There's no way I could measure a 30ml bottle of a 5 concentrate mix without a scale. The scale I use was about £7 and that's all I need, it's cheap and simple so why not?

sure. Im not knocking anyone for doing it, but am genuinely curious if people think they can taste the difference with precisely measured ratios. I know I wouldn't, but maybe my buds are shot after 35 yrs of smoking. I also dont like complex flavours, so i will maybe have a peach flavour....which is just peach, or a cherry, which is just cherry etc

sure. Im not knocking anyone for doing it, but am genuinely curious if people think they can taste the difference with precisely measured ratios. I know I wouldn't, but maybe my buds are shot after 35 yrs of smoking. I also dont like complex flavours, so i will maybe have a peach flavour....which is just peach, or a cherry, which is just cherry etc

yeah, it totally depends on what you are mixing I guess. I could use syringes for VG/PG and nic, nic is 5ml in a 30ml bottle so that's easy enough with a 5ml syringe, I vape 50/50 so that's easy enough to judge too. But sometimes I'm using 1% of a concentrate which is 0.3ml which I really wouldn't want to measure without a scale.

It's all cool though, people just need to use whatever works for them. :)

are people really that sensitive to such precise mixing? I just use a 50ml scaled measuring tube, a 200ml bottle to dispense into which lets me guesstimate the pg/vg ratio. Takes me 5 minutes to mix 200ml. I aim for a 4mg mix, and I would imagine i have a margine of error of +/- 1 mg at most. I aim for a 70/30 ish mix, i may have a error of + 5%, - 15% if being really lazy, add about 1% of flash enhancer, which is about one short squirt ... but there is no way I would notice the difference with these error margines.
You're giving me a nervous twitch. 15% margins, about one short squirt? Killing me here.

If I'm over or under by a hundredth of a gram, I can just about live with it. :doh:

If making smaller batches you absolutely would tell especially if you are making a complex multi flavoured recipe or using some of the stronger concentrates.

It’s like a kind of grandiose delusion. People like to think they are partaking in a critical scientific activity that requires accuracy of 0.00001ml. Did you ever have a chemistry set when you were wee? You can bet that the 0.00001ml scale mixers did. For me this is outweighed by the gravitas acquired from the measuring cylinders and lab coats, though. But maybe I’m all fashion before form.

Back
Top Bottom