What's new

Single battery squonk mod

I really like my Pulse v3 mods. They take a single 21700 battery and the v3 bottles have a pull tab over the refill port which makes them super easy and quick to refill. Trouble is the only place I know of which still has any is V101 who have the black version still available.
If you don't have any 21700 batteries you also get in the box a battery sleeve adaptor which will allow you to use a single 18650 battery instead.

Here is a link.

Sounds like just the ticket 😊

@vapervince is right about how cheap the Pulse v3 feels because of it's plastic casing. However, I vape on it every day because aside from the casing it is actually a really well designed little mod. The doors just pull off from magnets so you can easily change the battery and fill the squonk bottle in seconds without ever needing to remove the atty. The only time I ever need to do that is when it's time to put in a new build. With other squonk mods you have to unscrew or open the battery compartment from underneath every time the battery needs changing which you can't do as easily without turning the whole thing upside down which will cause a total mess unless you remove the atty first.

As I only use wattage mode I don't need all the features of a top DNA chipset but all the normal funtions are there if you want to use them.

It's very light and compact and feels nice in the hand so although the case might feel very cheap and crappy it is actually a superb little squonker.

I don't do mech mods so I wouldn't go near the v1 but the v2 and v3 are both fine but the fill port on the v3 makes refilling so much faster.
I wasn`t being derogatory about the Pulse, I have 2 myself.

Ordered a Pulse V3 with a Molicell 21700, it’s winging its way to me now. Thanks for the suggestions everyone 😊

Good on you and I hope you enjoy using it.

One small tip I have is that the mod itself has worked perfectly in daily use for the last 9 months but the only issue I've had is the little magnets holding the doors on are quite strong and after a while I found they started coming unglued. However, it only takes a few minutes and a little bit of super glue and they're easily fixed. Just make sure you glue the magnet back in the same way it came out to get the polarity right or you'll knacker the door and it won't close.

Good on you and I hope you enjoy using it.

One small tip I have is that the mod itself has worked perfectly in daily use for the last 9 months but the only issue I've had is the little magnets holding the doors on are quite strong and after a while I found they started coming unglued. However, it only takes a few minutes and a little bit of super glue and they're easily fixed. Just make sure you glue the magnet back in the same way it came out to get the polarity right or you'll knacker the door and it won't close.
Thanks for the tip, might preempt that and glue them straight away

Thanks for the tip, might preempt that and glue them straight away

Let us know how you get on with the Pulse 3, I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.

I think it'll be too difficult to dig out the magnets and there are 8 in all so you're better off waiting until they pull out. I've had to re-glue 3 of the little magnets so far on mine but they only take under 5 minutes to fix so just keep a little bit of super glue handy.

Once one pulls out you'll see the empty dimple in the door or the main casing and you'll find the missing magnet stuck against its matching pair. I use my pointy metal tweezers to dig out and clean away the old glue from the dimple in the casing and also from around the magnet while it's stuck stuck against the other magnet. If you use a felt tip to mark which side of the magnet you need to push into the dimple you won't get the polarity wrong and you can just fill the dimple with some new super glue and push the marked side of the magnet firmly back in and it'll never come out again. Clean off any super glue that's got onto the exposed face of the magnet and you're done.

[BIG EDIT]

I've just remembered another thing with this mod. Vandy Vape decided to dumb down most of the features of this mod to make it simpler for people who only use wattage mode by turning most of the features off by default (namely TC, Voltage and Bypass modes). If you want to turn all the features on go to 6.38 minutes into this video and Vic has the instructions on how the do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom