What's new

Site maintenance and downtime

Had to contact support because the site only let me in once this afternoon then decided to close the doors to me. Now I know I'm a chunt but restricting access is a bit much. Obviously I didn't pay someone in admin their juice bribe this week.

If I log in via the front page I can log in but the moment I transfer to the forum I'm logged out. It's been playing that game all afternoon. Even clearing my browser history and all cookies has had no effect. Changing password also was a bust. The only way I got in tonight was via the login for private messages which was thankfully the old login panel.

So far less than impressed with the new site layout. Bad enough that I have to navigate an extra page to login, even worse that I can't stay logged in. Old system was much better. I also hate change and yes I am a complaining chunt. ;)

Must admit, other than coming back on and having to sign in after the update,I have had no problem with it. I use speed dial anyhow so once I am on the forum page I copy that into the thumbnail and it brings me to the forum every time.

Clicking [Login] whilst on the forum doesn't work. Click [Login], you are taken to the main site login screen. Enter credentials and everything looks OK. Click [Forum] and you enter the forum again, and there is no logged in session. Repeat, this time, click [Private Messages] and the vBulletin login screen is presented. Enter credentials and a logged in session with the forum is started.

Either cookie handling is not working, or I assume you are using some variation of SSO that's not working correctly.

I only discovered this as I had to change my password last night to get on the mobile app and I didn't have to actually login to the new site in the browser yesterday, it appeared to respect the old sites login cookies.

Clicking [Login] whilst on the forum doesn't work. Click [Login], you are taken to the main site login screen. Enter credentials and everything looks OK. Click [Forum] and you enter the forum again, and there is no logged in session. Repeat, this time, click [Private Messages] and the vBulletin login screen is presented. Enter credentials and a logged in session with the forum is started.

Either cookie handling is not working, or I assume you are using some variation of SSO that's not working correctly.

I only discovered this as I had to change my password last night to get on the mobile app and I didn't have to actually login to the new site in the browser yesterday, it appeared to respect the old sites login cookies.

The same thing, exactly, happened to me.
I found that you can also log into the Forum by going there (when you are logged out) and try to reply to a post.
You get a Vbulletin error saying you don't have permission, with a log-in underneath that.
I completed that log-in screen and now it works.

Now where can I find this nifty sidebar ?

used to be my first port of call - nice n succinct...

latest-etc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom