What's new

Smoant Pasito II Pod Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor am I paid to do this. I just like doing reviews.

20201106_151512.jpg

The Smoant Pasito II Pod Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/smoant-pasito-ii-pod-kit.html

Lilia also very kindly gave a code to reduce the price on this to $26.99 and it is PASI.

The Pasito II is an 80w pod with a 2500mah internal battery, charged with a USB type C cable. The pod is 6ml capacity but that will obviously only be 2ml from a UK supplier due to TPD. It takes the Smoant Knight 80 coils so there’s the option for a 0.6 ohm, a 0.4 and a 0.3. You can buy a separate 510 adapter to turn it into a mod, an adapter to use the original Pasito coils and there’s also the knight RBA that will also fit.

In the box you get:

1 Pastito II mod
1 K-3 Half-DTL 0.60 Mesh Coil
1 Cartridge 6ml(K- 10.30 Mesh Coil pre-install)
1 Type-C cable
1 User manual
1 Warranty card
1 Certificated card

3 clicks takes you into the functions of the mod and they are:

VW mode
TCR mode
TC mode with presets for SS, Ni and Ti
DVW mode. You can set wattage curves for 10 seconds so basically a curve mode.
Bypass mode
You can change the colour of the theme on the screen to blue, red, orange, green or white.
Holding the + and – button locks the buttons, including the fire button.

Collage 2020-11-06 15_20_21.jpg

Styling wise it’s a very rectangular kit but not uncomfortable though. It is also quite big so not for stealth. It does feel very well made and looks quite classy in my opinion or as my missus said ‘it looks very old manny’ Which is fair enough given I was sent the chocolate version which has brown leather style panels on the sides. The mod has a nice weight to it but is not too heavy. The USB C slot is on the bottom of the mod so you do need to take the pod out while charging but that’s so much easier than having to take a tank off so not an issue for me. There is branding on it but it's quite subtle, a Smoant embossed in the leather on one side and Pasito II on the leather on the other.

The pod is big, it looks very well made as well and the magnets are very strong so it’s not easily flicked off if you’re trying to clear any juice from the coil (like I did when I messed up putting a coil in). The coils screw into a wee brass coloured adapter to make them push fit and they go in easily but beware you don’t throw the adapter out when changing the coil the first time. There is an airflow slider on the top of the mod and this makes the airflow from the coil go round a few angles so there’s a slight noise but nothing bad. One thing that I don’t like about the pod is the silicone bung. It’s a very small one and quite hard to open unless you get a nail under it. The fill hole is fine, it’s big enough to take most bottle nibs but I do feel they could have made the bung a wee bit easier to open. Another thing that’s bothered me is that the pod is smoked and it’s pretty hard to see the juice level if you’re not holding it up to the light while filling. In the 6ml pod I have it also leaves about half the pod in the mod so you have to take the pod out to see the juice level once it’s gone down a bit.

In use it’s an easy mod to use, 5 clicks on and 3 to get in to the menu, which is nicely laid out for you. You do have to hold the fire button to get in the mode you want so, of course, I had an issue trying to just click it at first. The draw on the pod is restricted so perfect for me, it’s not an airy DTL pod kit. I think this makes for quite good flavour though and the flavour from the coils is good. It fires out a decent amount of vapour too.

20201106_151346.jpg

The 2 included coils are a half DTL (whatever that is) 0.6ohm mesh coil and a 0.3 mesh. The 0.6 has very good flavour and a good amount of vapour for the wattage. It’s a little more restricted than the others so if you like a restricted DTL at about 25w it’s perfect. The 0.3 is rated from 50-65w and also has nice flavour with good vapour. I was using it around 55w and it worked well for me. I also bought a packet of 0.4 coils to try out and they are rated at 30-50w but are perfect for me at 45w. I’d say that although I usually prefer about 40-45w that the 0.3 coils were better for me personally.

I also bought one of the little brass coloured adapters that turn this into a regular Pasito but I’ve realised today that I’ve only gone and bought the one for the Knight 80, which doesn’t fit properly. I had previously thought the same one would fit both so was really pissed off that it was ill fitting on the Pasito II and was ready to vent on the review. I’ve now seen there’s a dedicated Pasito II one so have ordered it now and will update later. The Knight one did work and with the 1.4 coil gave a very nice MTL vape but had gaps on the pod fit and the 510 drip tip. It’ll be nice to see how the vape is when I’m not raging at the fit of the thing.

In all the Pasito II is not really an upgrade on the original Pasito. Out the box it’s geared more towards a DTL vape rather than the MTL of the original but, as a lot of pods are doing now, is adaptable. I like the draw on it, I like the style of it but would I use it all the time? Probably not. It’s not totally amazing but it does give a nice vape.

I’ll probably do a giveaway with this one at some point, just need to wait on the new adapter for the original Pasito coils to arrive so it’ll likely be a few weeks till that arrives as it’s on the way from China.

Collage 2020-11-06 15_19_59.jpg

Nice review mate. Don't think it's quite for me though with MTL.

Thanks for the review , a missed opportunity imo, I can see this being good with the Pasito v1 coils and the v1 rba, but then so is the Smoant Knight 80, of which I bought two, instead of one of these.

Back
Top Bottom