What's new

Sub Ohm Smok T Air Sub Tank

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Welcome to my review today we have the New sub tank from Smok the T Air Sub Tank. this was very kindly sent for purpose of review from @Sourcemore

As always this review is my own thoughts and not anyone else's, neither am I paid to do this.

Abit about the kit.....

Smok have been around for a long time almost the beginning of vaping, they've had an array of different vaping products from the Nord range of pods, to the Mag range of mods and plenty of tanks in between, I think we can all agree they've not always got the best reputation on longevity and the fact there pods and coils tend to leak alot. However seeing there new tank being top airflow I thought I would take the risk and see if Smok have turned a corner with this.

The tank comes in 7 colours and I recieved the matt black version.

Screenshot_20230115-165508_Samsung Internet.jpg

What's in the box.....

• SMOK T-Air Subtank

• 1pc TA 0.2ohm Coil (Pre-installed)

• 1pc TA 0.15ohm Dual Coil

• 1pc Bulb Glass Tube Replacement

• User Manual

• Spare Parts

20230109_075606.jpg

Specs.....

• 26mm Diameter.

• 510 Connection.

• Stainless Steel & Pyrex Glass Construction.

• Top Adjustable Airflow.

• Top-Fill Design.

Tank....

The tank comes with 2x 5ml bubble glass sections but will be 2ml straight glass tpd.

It has a replaceable 810 drip tip the one provided is a standard type black tip but is very comfortable. It has a honeycomb style airflow system which you simply twist the ring at the top and an easy quarter turn top filling method.

16743871278524816540415948253341.jpg

At the top your see the dual honeycomb airflow slots, during my testing I've moved them into all positions and all give a fantastic flavourful vape with loads of cloud, wide open it's a nice DTL vape and closing them off restricts it each time I found my prefered slot half open which gave it a perfect balance between flavour and restriction without it being to hot a vape.

16743871902458930468377326289839.jpg

This tank has what I wish all sub ohm tanks did and that's a quarter turn top cap, which exposes 2 big filling ports this means there's no drip tip in the way when filling and makes the whole thing alot less messy and fiddly. The threads are nice and smooth and it moves on and off easily.

16743872424983733522617021703186.jpg

The tank comes apart easily for cleaning purposes and has a rubber seal on each part to prevent leaking when in use.

My one niggle about the tank and its very subjective is the fact they've chosen to go with yellow O rings on the tank it makes no difference to the quality just feel like black would have suited the black tank better.

16743873264576231196329008381038.jpg

Coils.....

This tank comes with 2 different coils. One duel mesh coil and one single mesh coil.

Screenshot_20230115-181937_Samsung Internet.jpg

The 0.2ohm coil is what I Started with, its rated between 50-70W best at 65W. As always starting low and building my way up from around 45W it started to come through nicely as you up the wattage you notice it getting more and more flavoursome with plenty of clouds I found between 57-62W was the area I kept this coil with the airflow half closed it was a fantastic vape and the coil was into the 2nd week before I swapped it out so I could try the 2nd coil but it hadn't burnt out and showed no signs of losing flavour.

I then used the 0.15ohm coil rated 40-60 best at 55W, this is a dual Mesh coil and I found 55W to be perfect nice rich flavour with loads of flavour it was alot more open then the single coil so closing the airflow off half way made it perfect for me. The flavour is fantastic and join that with the airflow you really can dial this vape into however you want.

I did however unfortunately accidentally burn this coil out just after a week which is my mistake but before it was showing no sign of losing flavour.

On using both coils I did however slightly prefer the 0.2ohm single mesh coil for the flavour and my preffered vape.

Pros and Niggles.....

Pros...

• Great flavour
• Great airflow
• Easy filling with big filing ports
• Coils last a good time
• Quarter turn top cap
• Replaceable 810 drip tip

Niggles...

• Yellow o rings with black tank ( very subjective)

Overall thoughts....

Overall Smok have really kicked this year off In the right direction, fantastic flavour, great airflow and no leaking is a brilliant combination to a good tank.

I've been so impressed with both coil longevity both lasting a week and only changing to test the other, the flavour it produces is really good thick dense vapour with crisp flavour.

The honeycomb type airflow slots work brilliant from fully open to closing it down produces a wide open DL to a more restricted vape all which work brilliantly together.

I would fully reccomend this tank to someone looking for a stock coil sub tank.

Discount code.....

Sourcemore have very kindly sent me a code to share with you guys If you're interested in this tank us the code....
STST $14.93

https://www.sourcemore.com/smok-t-air-subtank.html

Thank you as always to sourcemore for sending me this kit and also you for reading

Sam
264622-9913e4b6069e9d7d7e72457833aed7a9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom