What's new

smok

This always comes up and always needs some form of balance, I own 11 Smok mods and had zero faults or quality control issues with any of them, they have had plenty of use and I still enjoy using them.

How long have you owned 11 smok mods?

I suppose it depends on your definition of 'plenty of use' but you've been on the forum a year, if you rotated those mods for a year they've only really had a months use each. I'd probably suggest to you that they've actually had very little use in reality?

When you own 2 mods and you've been using them every day for a year, then you can say that they've had plenty of use.

Sadly not, in the case of the Falcon 2ml TPD at least, we put it to the test in a local vape store, 2ml capacity but with the 'minimum level' marked on the coil only 0.6ml was available to vape, at such high wattage and mesh using more juice it was 3 draws before it hit the line, I have the 7ml glass on mine and it's not bad.

I wouldn't mind the frequent refills, I primarily use a dripper so having a bottle in reach isn't unusual.

But that level of juice consumption would be an absolute deal breaker - 0.2ml per puff?

That's just stupid.

That's like 5+ times more throughput than a twin coil RDA (if it used that amount for the same length of draw).

I wouldn't mind the frequent refills, I primarily use a dripper so having a bottle in reach isn't unusual.

But that level of juice consumption would be an absolute deal breaker - 0.2ml per puff?

That's just stupid.

That's like 5+ times more throughput than a twin coil RDA (if it used that amount for the same length of draw).

Just buy your tank from fasttech and you'll get the larger compacity. I can't speak for the falcon but the freemax mesh Pro does use more jucie for sure. I believe it's typical of any mesh coil. How much more I can't honestly say but... I find that lowering the wattage still satisfies me and I'm using less juice

Just buy your tank from fasttech and you'll get the larger compacity. I can't speak for the falcon but the freemax mesh Pro does use more jucie for sure. I believe it's typical of any mesh coil. How much more I can't honestly say but... I find that lowering the wattage still satisfies me and I'm using less juice

It's not the tank capacity that bothers me.

What bothers me is spending more money on juice than I used to on fags. (I already DIY juice, so that's no solution...)

I just did an experiment - mcv little boy RDA, twin 28g twisted dual coils @ 0.25 ohms, 60w.

Loaded a syringe with some juice, apparently 0.1ml is about what I usually drip (by the look of the cotton).

Over 4 drip loads I averaged 5 puffs per soak. That's 2*5 puffs, 1*6 and 1*4 - variance can be accounted for easily because I wasn't juicing up by looking at the syringe (until after, the plunger moved approx. 1 division per soak).

So, if the aforementioned mesh element tank uses 0.6ml of juice for 3 puffs, that's 0.2ml per puff - compared to 0.02ml per puff for me in a dripper.

I won't be buying one, whatever it's capacity.

That's not intended to influence anyone else...

what I meant was that his juice disappears over night. without him vaping it. so that's why I said it self vapes.

If its autofiring (and not leaking) that can actually be quite dangerous, especially with Smok's take on wiring. At the very least I'd recommend taking the batteries out of the mod at night, that way you'll find out whether its autofiring or leaking, and you'll rule out any chance of it causing a fire.

I have no issues with SMOK mods..I have an X-PRIV and really like it. However, the Prince tank that came with it put me through a lot of frustration and waste of money purchasing coils and not getting good flavour and not lasting long at all.
I then got a Mesh Pro and will never ever go back to using a SMOK tank.
Again I have no issues with SMOK mods...its just the tanks/coils QC that is horrible.

This always comes up and always needs some form of balance, I own 11 Smok mods and had zero faults or quality control issues with any of them, they have had plenty of use and I still enjoy using them...

We need to clarify this though. You have 11 smoks and how many other mods? Squonkers etc. Most of those smoks I would guess are hardly getting any use at all. Most of her will be sitting with your other items, collecting dust for you to meticulously wipe off of them. In which case, I don’t think that’s a fair test for them. So they last a good while if they sit on a shelf with 29 other devices. But would they have lasted so long if you only had one and we’re using it all the time?

edit: beaten by @Simon G !

that's very worrying! i'll tell my husband.

Some people (myself included) take the batteries out of their mods before going to bed anyway. I've children at home so I don't take any chances. Is it really necessary? Who knows but it's for peace of mind

Back
Top Bottom