What's new

Squonk Check

Hey is that the GR1 atty ??? I just picked one up what sort of build you running, I’m finding my airflow really turbulent and very easy to flood it out.
I'm running mine with 24g flat sixty, 2.5id and 7 wraps, coming out about 0.42... I'm using the smaller of the 2 air reducers (the one with the 2 holes in) airflow open just over half way, I'm finding the airflow nice and smooth and the flavour is badass, it's a warm Vape but not at all hot... As for flooding out it can be easily done, just try not squeezing the bottle so hard, if the juice comes up over the reducers is could flood that way, the juice well is pretty deep so get a fair bit of cotton in there, don't pack it to tight, make the cotton nice and fluffy and the cotton should absorb the juice fairly quickly and get upto the coil... Not saying this will 100% work for you but it's working for me... Be good to hear how others are running it...

I'm running mine with 24g flat sixty, 2.5id and 7 wraps, coming out about 0.42... I'm using the smaller of the 2 air reducers (the one with the 2 holes in) airflow open just over half way, I'm finding the airflow nice and smooth and the flavour is badass, it's a warm Vape but not at all hot... As for flooding out it can be easily done, just try not squeezing the bottle so hard, if the juice comes up over the reducers is could flood that way, the juice well is pretty deep so get a fair bit of cotton in there, don't pack it to tight, make the cotton nice and fluffy and the cotton should absorb the juice fairly quickly and get upto the coil... Not saying this will 100% work for you but it's working for me... Be good to hear how others are running it...

Cheers guys I’m running mine at .30 with ni80 flat wire with the bigger air ports. I’m thinking the key here maybe I need the 2.5 diameter coil. I don’t have any issue with heat I think maybe my normal 3.0 coil size is maybe just a tad too big an close to the ports maybe restricting it a bit.

Even as it is though I think it’s a great little rda although I would of liked the top cap o-rings to of been a bit better I do find it can weep a bit. Mine also doesn’t sit flush with my mod which is a little annoying I might have to get a beauty ring.

20180323_103501.jpg

Love this thing, just not the battery life. .

Cheers guys I’m running mine at .30 with ni80 flat wire with the bigger air ports. I’m thinking the key here maybe I need the 2.5 diameter coil. I don’t have any issue with heat I think maybe my normal 3.0 coil size is maybe just a tad too big an close to the ports maybe restricting it a bit.

Even as it is though I think it’s a great little rda although I would of liked the top cap o-rings to of been a bit better I do find it can weep a bit. Mine also doesn’t sit flush with my mod which is a little annoying I might have to get a beauty ring.
I think 2.5 id coil works better than a 3.0 id, also might be worth trying the smaller airflow reducers, and see what you think with them, you still get good airflow with them and less chance of leaking...

I think 2.5 id coil works better than a 3.0 id, also might be worth trying the smaller airflow reducers, and see what you think with them, you still get good airflow with them and less chance of leaking...

Yeah might try both it’s just a bit a pain to set it up then change out the airflow bit because you have to take the thing apart lol

Defo will play with it tonight and see how I can get it better

I normally fit a 3mm 5 wrap ss alien, and I've recently started using the larger airflow adapters. Will give the 2.5mm a go, but I'm not convinced there'll be an improvement. I fit an atty gasket cos I think the 510 protrudes a little more than standard (must find my calipers).

I normally fit a 3mm 5 wrap ss alien, and I've recently started using the larger airflow adapters. Will give the 2.5mm a go, but I'm not convinced there'll be an improvement. I fit an atty gasket cos I think the 510 protrudes a little more than standard (must find my calipers).
If your happy with it how you have it now you probably won't see an improvement, I usually go 3mm id in all single coil atties but just prefer 2.5mm in the gr1, like I said before, works for me but won't be to everyone's liking, the 510 does protrude alittle more than normal, it don't screw all the way down on the pico squeeze, it leaves about 1mm gap...

If your happy with it how you have it now you probably won't see an improvement, I usually go 3mm id in all single coil atties but just prefer 2.5mm in the gr1, like I said before, works for me but won't be to everyone's liking, the 510 does protrude alittle more than normal, it don't screw all the way down on the pico squeeze, it leaves about 1mm gap...
I'll try the 2.5, just cos I'm curious :)

Back
Top Bottom