What's new

Strawberry Ice

I've ordered the ingredients for Digbys recipe and will be giving that a go when they arrive, I'll bear yours in mind too.

Daz

No problem mate. I am probably being slightly conservative with the percentages of the strawberries you can put in. A lot of the the recipes you see online have hardly any in them so I feel I'm already pushing it but I have made a blackcurrant ice for a friend that has loads of blackcurrant in it and they love it. It's all subjective when it comes to taste so muck around and see what suits you.

I'd not put much more than 1% supersweet in or you'll be changing coils all the time. It really does gunk the coils up. May be just because I don't like added sweeteners though, I tend to just trust the concentrates have enough sweetener in them already.

No problem mate. I am probably being slightly conservative with the percentages of the strawberries you can put in. A lot of the the recipes you see online have hardly any in them so I feel I'm already pushing it but I have made a blackcurrant ice for a friend that has loads of blackcurrant in it and they love it. It's all subjective when it comes to taste so muck around and see what suits you.

I'd not put much more than 1% supersweet in or you'll be changing coils all the time. It really does gunk the coils up. May be just because I don't like added sweeteners though, I tend to just trust the concentrates have enough sweetener in them already.

THIS!! that was supposed to read 0.4%!!!

Do not put 4% super sweet in there

if you want to add some higher notes to it then another good strawberry to top it off with would be Apline Strawberry from Flv, very potent though so 1% and under

https://vapable.com/product/strawberry-ice-pixie-juice-concentrate-30ml/ it’ll taste identical.

If you want to mix your own from scratch you’ll be needing Neotame (Capella make one called extra sweet) and a boat load of WS-23 30% concentration.

It is essentially the cheapest nastiest china made strawberry concentrate with a lot of Neotame and WS-23. Lots of the UK flavour manufacturers have started to release these types of flavours now, mostly called “Bar style” flavours.

I’ve spoken to several UK juice makers that now make these bar style Nic salts and they mostly contain a massive amount of flavouring, some as much as 40% which is insane!

Hope this helps

Last edited:
https://vapable.com/product/strawberry-ice-pixie-juice-concentrate-30ml/ it’ll taste identical.

If you want to mix your own from scratch you’ll be needing Neotame (Capella make one called extra sweet) and a boat load of WS-23 30% concentration.

It is essentially the cheapest nastiest china made strawberry concentrate with a lot of Neotame and WS-23. Lots of the UK flavour manufacturers have started to release these types of flavours now, mostly called “Bar style” flavours.

I’ve spoken to several UK juice makers that now make these bar style Nic salts and they mostly contain a massive amount of flavouring, some as much as 40% which is insane!

Hope this helps
I'll see how I get on with the ingredients I've got now and keep an eye on that for when I have to restock my flavours. Thanks.

Daz

Hope this helps

Quick question Lee mate. How can they go up to 40%? I've always thought that if you go too high it'll mute the flavours so I tend to stick to lower percentages, and even then I go higher than probably most people due to having shit taste buds.

Hope this helps

I have also heard the same %'s mentioned. It's mad, the reason it's ok in disposables is because the coil only has to last a day. Yes some flavours do become muted when higher but others can go very high while still retaining a decent flavour

tfa strawbery - 12%
ws23 (30%) - 1.7%
CP Supersweet - 4%

If you want to make it a bit wetter add 0.3% Inawera Cactus
Enjoying this recipe, but might try the alpine strawberry with it at 1% as suggested for a bit more strawberry. It seems to taste better in a pod setup too, so I have it in my sxmini puremax.

I'm looking at doing a blueberry ice now, I have FA blueberry extra for another recipe, will that be good enough on it's own or do I need another or an alternative?

Thanks all

Daz

Back
Top Bottom