What's new

The New Abyss AIO from Suicide mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone catch Grimm Green’s vlog last week? His Abuss stopped working after it fell over on his worktop. He also had battery changing problems and don’t thing the battery could be removed without the tank coming apart. To be fair his was a prototype model however.

Most interesting to me was his view that the bridg’d doesn’t work as well as in his billet box.

I have heard stories about ppl saying this, if u r worried, slide open the top enough to get a finger on the boro to hold it in, turn the mod upside down, and voila, nothing more to worry about.

Even if it does accidentally pop apart, no juice in mod.

I also reccomend doing this when trying to remove the borrow with the pnp/gtx coils as their bottom lip of the coil gets hungs up on the threads underneath the boro and will pull out the coil.

(According to dovpo the pin area is sealed btw)

Last edited:
I wanted one of these really badly, but all of it's cons are things that I know would really annoy me.

I discovered the Supbox dna60 yesterday, which from my very limited research appears to do pretty much everything the Abyss does and doesn't have any of the Abyss' cons. it's also cheaper.

I don’t own an Abyss, but I have the Supbox DNA 60. The Supbox is a great mod; it has the option of the DNA chip and like the abyss can function as a SBS mod but without needing to make a separate purchase for the SBS kit. But on the other hand it doesn’t take 2X700 batteries. Aesthetically I find the Abyss more pleasing, but functionality-wise I vote for the Supbox; the boro tank and the atty are protected by the cage, it utilizes the conventional boro tank, and the DNA 60 chip, less fiddly to change the battery. On the plus side of the Abyss, you can refill the tank on the fly, while in the case of the Supbox you have to remove the cage to gain access to the boro tank. I think the Abyss uses a tank with a larger capacity which also counts as a plus. I am still on the fence when it comes to buying the Abyss, but only because I have already made several purchases the last few months, and I am waiting for my Aio 60 which might take a couple of months.

As an owner of multiple Abyss, I think that one needs to employ a certain amount of healthy scepticism to an awful lot that is written AND said about the device on and in Social Media Platforms?
When the Abyss first appeared there was a great deal on mention of Glass Breakages when people were opening the Tank for the first time, as an example? We have 4 Abyss and I have never experienced this phenomenon.
There has been endless talk about "The Gap" between the Top of the Tank and the Top Plate, both when using an 18650 or a 21700, THIS alone has been the real bugbear as far as I have read and heard. YES, it can and does occur on occasions, to my mind this could be down to three different factors, OR a combination of any of the three?

One: The Amount of Pressure that is used when inserting the 510 Drip Tip, in other words, how tightly this is screwed in. I have witnessed this with 2 of our 4, so only screwing it in until it's finger tight seems to sort this one out, there really IS no need to crank this down.
Two: The Bridges and cause either a Gap to appear, ot not, depending on which Bridge one uses. In our cases, Carol uses Caliburn Bridge and Coils in 2 of hers, never had any issues at all with either one. She, like myself, uses the EUC Bridge and Coils in her third one. These "can" cause a Gap to appear, but as mentioned above, backing off the 510 Connector solves that.
Three: Perhaps...... And I do mean "Perhaps" the material used in constructing the Top Battery Plate needs a rethink? I have never managed to Flex ours, but I do wonder?

The only thing which we find is that it pays dividends to have a clean up every time you perform a refill, just a quick wipe off the bottom of the tank to keep everything dry, whether this is Liquid, or condensation, and a wipe in the connector well. As a matter of course I always remove the assembly that the Tank sits in and clean up under there once a week. This takes a couple of minutes, no more and is hardly a chore.

Removing a stuck Bottom section of the tank...... Or Top section, whichever is causing an issue, simple, the "Nord Pole" Bridge tool is the answer. In the most recent case the top section came off easily but the bottom was stuck fast, so Turn Tank upside down, bottom Upwards, Insert Nord Pole, gently holding Glass, Push Base out with Nord Pole. Easy :)

Otherwise? Not much else to say about it. The "Gap" doesn't cause either of us any sleepless nights, but appears to upset other tremendously :(
As a cleverly thought out device, I still think it to be great. I love the fact that with the exception of the VapeSnail, I can use any of my ex BB Bridges. Then of course there's the "Ether" RBA as well, so most bases are covered.
For the Price, even when taking into account any extras you may, or may not purchase, it's still a long way off BBV prices. So winner all the way from our perspective @Tamer El-Meehy :)

No gap for me. Had to shave that 1 bridge 1 mm shorter to get it to fit.
I tried to bend that top plate, i couldnt get any movement whatsoever up and down.

Believe me, i tried

No gap on the ether, no gap on the pnp, and i have the drip tip cranked all the way in to keep it all pressed together.

Not really worried about taking the battery out either cuz it charges at 2 amps.

When the new dna board starts getting put in mods, then ill go back to them

No gap for me. Had to shave that 1 bridge 1 mm shorter to get it to fit.
I tried to bend that top plate, i couldnt get any movement whatsoever up and down.

Believe me, i tried

No gap on the ether, no gap on the pnp, and i have the drip tip cranked all the way in to keep it all pressed together.

Not really worried about taking the battery out either cuz it charges at 2 amps.

When the new dna board starts getting put in mods, then ill go back to them

Will they be putting a DNA board in it??

As an owner of multiple Abyss, I think that one needs to employ a certain amount of healthy scepticism to an awful lot that is written AND said about the device on and in Social Media Platforms?
When the Abyss first appeared there was a great deal on mention of Glass Breakages when people were opening the Tank for the first time, as an example? We have 4 Abyss and I have never experienced this phenomenon.
There has been endless talk about "The Gap" between the Top of the Tank and the Top Plate, both when using an 18650 or a 21700, THIS alone has been the real bugbear as far as I have read and heard. YES, it can and does occur on occasions, to my mind this could be down to three different factors, OR a combination of any of the three?

One: The Amount of Pressure that is used when inserting the 510 Drip Tip, in other words, how tightly this is screwed in. I have witnessed this with 2 of our 4, so only screwing it in until it's finger tight seems to sort this one out, there really IS no need to crank this down.
Two: The Bridges and cause either a Gap to appear, ot not, depending on which Bridge one uses. In our cases, Carol uses Caliburn Bridge and Coils in 2 of hers, never had any issues at all with either one. She, like myself, uses the EUC Bridge and Coils in her third one. These "can" cause a Gap to appear, but as mentioned above, backing off the 510 Connector solves that.
Three: Perhaps...... And I do mean "Perhaps" the material used in constructing the Top Battery Plate needs a rethink? I have never managed to Flex ours, but I do wonder?

The only thing which we find is that it pays dividends to have a clean up every time you perform a refill, just a quick wipe off the bottom of the tank to keep everything dry, whether this is Liquid, or condensation, and a wipe in the connector well. As a matter of course I always remove the assembly that the Tank sits in and clean up under there once a week. This takes a couple of minutes, no more and is hardly a chore.

Removing a stuck Bottom section of the tank...... Or Top section, whichever is causing an issue, simple, the "Nord Pole" Bridge tool is the answer. In the most recent case the top section came off easily but the bottom was stuck fast, so Turn Tank upside down, bottom Upwards, Insert Nord Pole, gently holding Glass, Push Base out with Nord Pole. Easy :)

Otherwise? Not much else to say about it. The "Gap" doesn't cause either of us any sleepless nights, but appears to upset other tremendously :(
As a cleverly thought out device, I still think it to be great. I love the fact that with the exception of the VapeSnail, I can use any of my ex BB Bridges. Then of course there's the "Ether" RBA as well, so most bases are covered.
For the Price, even when taking into account any extras you may, or may not purchase, it's still a long way off BBV prices. So winner all the way from our perspective @Tamer El-Meehy :)

The only thing that is keeping from buying one is my wife to be honest [emoji16]

Ah well you see, as so often happens in this house........ I get her one first and await her comments, based on that, we either move forwards, or abandon the idea :16:;)

They are planning the release of an Abyss with the dna60 board, yes.
I would assume they would, it appears to be the right screen size and button config.

But no, i was talking about the new dna100c, and what im hoping will soon to be more iterations of it. My batteries will do 3 amp charging, i want that.

Ah well you see, as so often happens in this house........ I get her one first and await her comments, based on that, we either move forwards, or abandon the idea :16:;)
Happy wife=happy life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom