What's new

The tobacco cigarette industry wants to do serious damage to the e cig market.

aspire

Manufacturer
Hi everyone! This is Frank from aspire, I received a Private & Confidential email from a guy called Alan O’Dell claimed The tobacco cigarette industry wants to do serious damage to the e cig market.
* There will have to be an agent within Europe to look after your interests. This is a must according to these regulations. The agent will have to be in a position to act for you in line with what you want.
Also to meet the conditions of the regulations which demand ongoing information about sales, technical alterations and new products. There also has to be an annual report to the E.U about
usage in named consumer groups.
* The maximum Nicotine content in a liquid is confirmed as being 2.0 mgs. Maximum bottle size is 10 mil. The bottles must be totally child and tamper proof.
*The refill system must be spill proof, both bottle and tank / reservoir.
* Replacement heads are suspect and may be considered not tamper proof.
* The size of a tank / reservoir is a maximum of 2 mils (no exceptions).
* The regulations state that the electric device must deliver a consistent amount of vapor and nicotine. This would seem to exclude the variable voltage units. There are rules to cover the safety aspect of electronics these are relatively normal.
* The label with various health warnings etc have been increased. There must be literature with all liquids that must meet specific stated requirements.
*There is then the question of licences for the liquids. There would seem to be two types one to cover tobacco flavors and one for fruit flavors.
I do have some thoughts in this area:-
a. Is there a nicotine replacement that could be introduced that could replace the actual nicotine being used ?
b. Zero nicotine liquids. The regulations for these are less strict. Maybe there is some more product innovations / possibilities in this sector?
The above are the main areas. There are additional administrative and legislative requirements for me to read through and understand.
Can anyone tell me if it’s true? Here is another email from this guy claimed to be New Regulations for European Union and United Kingdom regarding all e cigarette products.

Jesus, sounds like you are being hammered there. I knew they were going to red tape vendors up like a mummy, and apparently to suffocation point if that e-mail holds up to be genuine.

- 2ml reservoir/tank maximum fill. Dear God, WTF!
- 10ml maximun bottle size. Again, WTF!
- Spill proof - how in the hell do you completely guarantee anything to be spill proof. Even nuclear reactors do this occasionally. WTF!
- No VV units. Doesn't say no VW units so I guess that is a bonus

I hope someone here can verify for you if this is genuine or not.

Yes this is all true people. New regulations to start in may 2016 or sooner. There is lots of info here of impending regs thst will take place. I find e cig forum has many threads dedicated to euro and us regs so take a look for a more in-depth view.

Before we all rush to panic

yes there is a chance of this happening .. its called the TPD and its been available to us all for reading for some time now.

we don't actually yet know if this will a get passed to its full extent or how those rules will be interpreted in the various member states or if totally wickeds legal challenge or any of the other challenges will hold things back / calm them down.

we are right to be concerned totally .. but as yet we do not know if the full TPD will be implemented.

we have been talking about this for some time now chaps ...

please support the totally wicked legal challenge.

Article 20 Tobacco Products Directive Legal Challenge - Totally Wicked Legal Challenge Article 20 TPD

As we all know regulations are going to be introduced but this could be a load crap. I'm sure we're going to get a lot more crap thrown our way in the coming months.

I think that the author needs to be checked out for authenticity.

Anyone heard of Alan o'dell?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

As we all know regulations are going to be introduced but this could be a load crap. I'm sure we're going to get a lot more crap thrown our way in the coming months.

possibly someone trying to flog aspire some sort of "protection" by scaremongering ?

happens to my company

Last edited:
ZT - thanks, I have already did this, and now it is time to speak with my new SNP representative for my constituency. Vaping keeps me content and ticking over without the desire to go off in to the murky world of madness from whence I came. Im a creature of habit. I definitely need to put more effort in here. I would honestly feel pretty lost without a proper vape throughout the day.

Last edited:
Before we all rush to panic

yes there is a chance of this happening .. its called the TPD and its been available to us all for reading for some time now.

we don't actually yet know if this will a get passed to its full extent or how those rules will be interpreted in the various member states or if totally wickeds legal challenge or any of the other challenges will hold things back / calm them down.

we are right to be concerned totally .. but as yet we do not know if the full TPD will be implemented.

we have been talking about this for some time now chaps ...

please support the totally wicked legal challenge.

Article 20 Tobacco Products Directive Legal Challenge - Totally Wicked Legal Challenge Article 20 TPD

Signed !

"Alan O’Dell.Sales and Marketing Consultant.Billy Smokes Store Group Ltd."
Here..... New Regulations for European Union and United Kingdom regarding all e cigarette products. - aspire blog

Last edited:
aspire the spokesperson on your own forum/site has said that Aspire CEOs are watching this situation, and will be approaching other manufacturers with a view to mounting a legal challenge after these regs have been implemented. Seems odd your asking if they're 'real' ?

Back
Top Bottom