What's new

The tobacco cigarette industry wants to do serious damage to the e cig market.

I'm struggling to comprehend how a company like Aspire could NOT have been aware of the TPD and the pending regulations. As ZT says nothing is yet set in stone in the UK but they are already in force in some EU countries.

Hi everyone! This is Frank from aspire, I received a Private & Confidential email from a guy called Alan O’Dell claimed The tobacco cigarette industry wants to do serious damage to the e cig market.

I hope you're not too surprised by this communication. They want it for themselves.

Frank's in China.
That communication from Mr O'Dell reads as if it is either official or officially informed.
That may or may not be the case.
According to Companies House Billy Smokes Store Group is a new start up which registered on 24th March this year.
BILLY SMOKES STORE GROUP LTD - Free Company Check

Last edited:
jerseyvaper76 that is pretty much the TPD regulations summed up.. not all the detail.. tis likely this will all happen... and also possible increase to costs due to licensing costs for all products and increased taxation. ..and etc. .. that's all down to EU law changes under the TPD and how it will be interpreted etc is down to member states as well although they are all signed up to this part of it... also opens up possibility that bans on where vaping is allowed and age restrictions will also be applied. .. or limits on flavours if we are very unlucky. ..sign what you can in support of TW and the EFVI etc... and hope that this bollocks gets overturned. .. they can't apply to equipment etc already owned... and stopping imports from outside the EU is not going to be possible either... so businesses may be more affected than private individuals. ..

Frank's in China.
That communication from Mr O'Dell reads as if it is either official or officially informed.
That may or may not be the case.
According to Companies House Billy Smokes Store Group is a new start up which registered on 24th March this year.
BILLY SMOKES STORE GROUP LTD - Free Company Check

Yeah that's what I found.

Apparently a woman called Tara runs their store in Nottingham?
Anyone know her?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Yeah that's what I found.

Apparently a woman called Tara runs their store in Nottingham?
Anyone know her?

No but Im aware of billy smokes ... I've seen the shop

jerseyvaper76 that is pretty much the TPD regulations summed up.. not all the detail.. tis likely this will all happen... and also possible increase to costs due to licensing costs for all products and increased taxation. ..and etc. .. that's all down to EU law changes under the TPD and how it will be interpreted etc is down to member states as well although they are all signed up to this part of it... also opens up possibility that bans on where vaping is allowed and age restrictions will also be applied. .. or limits on flavours if we are very unlucky. ..sign what you can in support of TW and the EFVI etc... and hope that this bollocks gets overturned. .. they can't apply to equipment etc already owned... and stopping imports from outside the EU is not going to be possible either... so businesses may be more affected than private individuals. ..

Thanks Nikki, I'm pretty sure I've already signed up but I'm going to double check.
I'll also be spreading the word a lot more.

From Alan O'Dell's email to aspire....
"If your company wants either Billy Smokes or myself to co-operate and pass / obtain information please let me know. These new regulations come into effect in 1 year from now, Billy Smokes Group must have everything in place by the end of January next year.
As you may know there is a General Election in the UK this Thursday, our government may change, who knows? As soon as this has taken place, I will be in contact with 3 or 4 local members of Parliament to find out if they are favorably minded towards e cigs. When I contact and see them, I will know their views and if they are open minded or not. We will try and give them trade information and facts that we hope will keep them on our side. These sort of people can be of huge help.
I also belong to a trade organisation that has representation in London and can contact officials working within the government. This can be helpful in circumstances when heavyweight regulation is being introduced. The entire new regulation system will be under the control in the UK of The Trading Standards Authority. This is a powerful government organisation who enforces trading standards. All e cig shops in our area have been visited and basic information given out. The authority admit they don’t know or understand the rules yet. They are looking for genuine information from the trade. It is our view that if we can be on good terms with them it will help us in general."

retiredguy ECITA is the only regulatory body I know of in relation to ecigs (and seemingly in support of the TPD) would love to know what "trade organisation " was referred to in that posting...

Back
Top Bottom