What's new

Review The X-Gun vv/vw mod - First Impressions (w/pics)

pauly meatballs

Achiever
2v7yv48.jpg

Hi everyone,
A few pics and details of the X-Gun vv/vw mod from vision/x-fir.
I bought this device for £41 (delivery included) from visioncig (the manufacturer). It arrived 17 days later in excellent condition. They're available for sale in the UK for around £60.

2u6iw0h.jpg

A few specs:
Dimensions:
Length: 137mm
Diameter: 27.5mm
Weight: 250g
Material: Stainless steel, Copper, Wood
Maximum current output: 2.5Amps
Operating Wattage: 3.0-12.0W
Operating Voltage: 3.0-6.0V

2e1bn6e.jpg

Features:
Variable Voltage: Voltage can be adjusted from 3.0-6.0volts in 0.1 volt increments.
Variable Waltage: Waltage can be adjusted from 3.0-12W in 0.5 watts increments.
Short Circuit Protection.
Reverse Battery Protection Circuit.
Battery Voltage Detection.
Resistive Load Detection(Ohms meter).
ON/OFF Battery Switch.
LED Battery Power Display.
Low Voltage Warning.
Overtime Vaping Warning.
Support 18650 Batteries only
Battery Safety Protection.

That's a lot of details! TBH I didn't buy this mod for the specs, I bought it for the dragons:

2m4au4h.jpg

fco6x1.jpg

The engraving is just gorgeous, looks very distinctive and feels nice in the hand:

2vaxp4o.jpg

From the manufacturer's details I must assume that the top and bottom cap are made of copper. They're both chunky, very weighty and have an aged, distressed finish. The topcap has airflow grooves in it and can be removed for cleaning and for using larger ego threaded devices. The bottom cap pin appears to be brass and is sprung loaded so no battery rattle.

2qd8ime.jpg

So how does it vape? It vapes just fine.
It does has a pretty low amp limit (2.5) so sub-ohmers must look elsewhere.
I have fired a 0.8ohm coil on this mod but according to my volt meter it only kicked out 2.6v.
This mod doesn't use pulse width modulation which is a big plus. No rattlesnakes just dragons!
The menu is operated via the clicky fire button, it's easy enough to work out and the display is very clear if a little dim:

2d18bjn.jpg

It's fired everything I've put on it. The 510 connector is non-adjustable (boo!) but I've noticed little to no gaps:

5lno2d.jpg

One niggle. The central tube on my model is slightly mis-aligned with the outer wooden sleeve, resulting in an off-centre bottom cap:

xeelqx.jpg

1zxxfe9.jpg

I'm not even sure a regular, non-insane person would notice that or care. It bothers me though, but not enough to send it back to China. Perhaps if I'd paid the full English price I'd ask for a replacement. What do you guys think? Am I nuts for even noticing this?

First impressions:
I'm very pleased with this mod, it's just crazy enough to work.

2444jo2.jpg

Thanks for making it this far! Hope that was of some use/interest.
Have a great day,
Paul

pauly meatballs, it looks different for sure, I like the idea of a wood tube mod. The amp limit might be a problem for dual coil I guess though?

@pauly meatballs this looks great and if the mis-aligned tube is to much for your OCD to cope with please give me first refusal on it thanks ;)

great review as ever paul :)

i guess i must be made of copper too then given my aged and distressed look ;)

I am a "like"r of wood,is it real wood or a plastic made to look like?

Is the surface likely to absorb spilled juice,stain etc?

I don't "do" variable devices lately,as my Vamo is sat unused now for about a month :P

I am a "like"r of wood,is it real wood or a plastic made to look like?

Is the surface likely to absorb spilled juice,stain etc?

I don't "do" variable devices lately,as my Vamo is sat unused now for about a month :P

It's real wood mate, and yes it's very likely to absorb liquid. Thinking about varnishing it but not too handy with a brush!

It's real wood mate, and yes it's very likely to absorb liquid. Thinking about varnishing it but not too handy with a brush!

My unskilled hands with brushes mean my GF used to do the redecorating,but those surfaces I'd stripped back to wood & varnished(love woodworking)required some rapid brush-learning-skills,then discovered a tin of Ronseal One-Coat type varnish produced acceptable results even with my shit skills.

Nice looking mod, I like the fact that it's wood. My metal mod gets really cold to hold in the hand when I leave it in the car over night.

I wouldn't varnish it. Use it man, & let it get oily !!! When it splits, use it for kindling ! :P... Nice review btw.

Back
Top Bottom