What's new

Vandy Vape Requiem Mod

Gitchy

Achiever
Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20230915_094826340.jpg

Vandy Vape Requiem Mod

https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-requiem-box-mod.html

I was given a code for a discount on this mod and it’s VVRM. Brings the price down to $33.89. Not bad at all for a 21700 mod.

The Requiem mod is a single 21700 battery mod, with an 18650 adapter included. It goes up to 95w in 1w increments and has several operating modes that cater to most styles of vaping. It’s super lightweight, coming in at only 96g when there’s no battery in it. There’s a USB Type C charging port and you get a cable in the box. The chip is Vandy Vape’s own and I must say I do love the UI as it’s similar in function the Gaur 21 and that’s my favourite mod ever.

In the box you get:
1* Vandy Vape Requiem Mod
1* QC Type-C USB Cable
1* Instruction Manual
1* 18650 Battery Adaptor

PXL_20230915_094947721.jpg

Style wise the first thing that hits you is the transparent plastic look, so if you don’t like plastic this is not a mod for you. I got the blue version, which is pretty transparent compared to some of the other colours available. I’m not sure what material it is but it’s touted as lightweight and high strength so I’m not worried about the durability at all. There’s a battery tube, which I think is aluminium, and that, for me, sets off the plasticyness of the mod and makes it look quite nice. The shape is very ergonomic and leads me more to thumb firing as that just feels more comfortable. The mod has a metal top plate and the plate is pretty large for a single battery mod, meaning you could fit some hefty tanks on there. I reckon you could go up to at least 28mm on it. The only thing with that is if you do put a heavy tank on the lightweight mod it might feel a little unbalanced and top heavy.

Branding is subtle, with requiem printed on the battery tube and a vandy vape logo on one of the sides. The battery cap is a screw cap and has nice threading on it, making it easy to screw in and unscrew. What I would say is that you need to be careful when screwing it in with a 21700 battery in there as it would be quite easy to dent the bottom of your battery by making it too tight. The mod turns on when you screw the battery cap in so that lets you know it’s tight enough, even though there’s the temptation to tighten it even more.

---With the mod having the Vandy Vape chip installed it does lots. 3 clicks on the fire button will let you cycle between TC, Bypass and Voltage modes. You have to hold the + and – buttons together to get into the main menu, which allows you to cycle through the settings. There’s a menu to turn functions on or off so you can customise your settings to suit yourself. I tend to only use VW mode so I’ve turned off the TC, VV and Bypass. There are also 2 other things on there; FIR and ARR. FIR lets you set the lock setting to either lock all buttons or just the adjustment ones and ARR is something to do with automatic resistance, which I won’t pretend to understand.

Other menus are more to do with preference. There’s a hibernate function that you can set from 2 – 30 mins, a brightness setting, a puff counter reset, a colour changer that changes the colour of the UI, a version history and a factory reset.

PXL_20230915_095050587.jpg

In use I didn’t have a spare 21700 so I used the 18650 adapter for probably the first time with a 21700 mod. The adapter works really well and there was no rattle inside while using for me. I popped one of my 25mm mesh RTAs on and vaped away quite happily at 50w. I then put a bigger tank on and, as I mentioned before, it did feel slightly top heavy so there’s that to think of. Having the option to turn off TC and the other functions is a great idea that I wish some other companies would use. It really does make the mods feel more customisable.

Overall the Requiem mod is great in function, comfortable to use and very, very light. Some won’t like the aesthetics of it with the plastic look but as a single 21700 mod it is really quite good.

PXL_20230915_094954130.jpg

Nice review bud!

I've been very tempted to get the black and red one to match my black and red Requiem RTA.

Enjoyable Review @Gitchy though i don't think it's something i would buy though i can see the appeal to some Vapers, Your right about the plastic, i think that's what kills any interest in it for me. Does look quite Space Age and the 21700 is bound to be a hit with some.

Nice review :2thumbsup: mine was supposed to arrive today but good old dpd could not find my address even though they delivered something last week :18:

Kavis @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

View attachment 333168

Vandy Vape Requiem Mod

https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-requiem-box-mod.html

I was given a code for a discount on this mod and it’s VVRM. Brings the price down to $33.89. Not bad at all for a 21700 mod.

The Requiem mod is a single 21700 battery mod, with an 18650 adapter included. It goes up to 95w in 1w increments and has several operating modes that cater to most styles of vaping. It’s super lightweight, coming in at only 96g when there’s no battery in it. There’s a USB Type C charging port and you get a cable in the box. The chip is Vandy Vape’s own and I must say I do love the UI as it’s similar in function the Gaur 21 and that’s my favourite mod ever.

In the box you get:
1* Vandy Vape Requiem Mod
1* QC Type-C USB Cable
1* Instruction Manual
1* 18650 Battery Adaptor

View attachment 333169

Style wise the first thing that hits you is the transparent plastic look, so if you don’t like plastic this is not a mod for you. I got the blue version, which is pretty transparent compared to some of the other colours available. I’m not sure what material it is but it’s touted as lightweight and high strength so I’m not worried about the durability at all. There’s a battery tube, which I think is aluminium, and that, for me, sets off the plasticyness of the mod and makes it look quite nice. The shape is very ergonomic and leads me more to thumb firing as that just feels more comfortable. The mod has a metal top plate and the plate is pretty large for a single battery mod, meaning you could fit some hefty tanks on there. I reckon you could go up to at least 28mm on it. The only thing with that is if you do put a heavy tank on the lightweight mod it might feel a little unbalanced and top heavy.

Branding is subtle, with requiem printed on the battery tube and a vandy vape logo on one of the sides. The battery cap is a screw cap and has nice threading on it, making it easy to screw in and unscrew. What I would say is that you need to be careful when screwing it in with a 21700 battery in there as it would be quite easy to dent the bottom of your battery by making it too tight. The mod turns on when you screw the battery cap in so that lets you know it’s tight enough, even though there’s the temptation to tighten it even more.

---With the mod having the Vandy Vape chip installed it does lots. 3 clicks on the fire button will let you cycle between TC, Bypass and Voltage modes. You have to hold the + and – buttons together to get into the main menu, which allows you to cycle through the settings. There’s a menu to turn functions on or off so you can customise your settings to suit yourself. I tend to only use VW mode so I’ve turned off the TC, VV and Bypass. There are also 2 other things on there; FIR and ARR. FIR lets you set the lock setting to either lock all buttons or just the adjustment ones and ARR is something to do with automatic resistance, which I won’t pretend to understand.

Other menus are more to do with preference. There’s a hibernate function that you can set from 2 – 30 mins, a brightness setting, a puff counter reset, a colour changer that changes the colour of the UI, a version history and a factory reset.

View attachment 333171

In use I didn’t have a spare 21700 so I used the 18650 adapter for probably the first time with a 21700 mod. The adapter works really well and there was no rattle inside while using for me. I popped one of my 25mm mesh RTAs on and vaped away quite happily at 50w. I then put a bigger tank on and, as I mentioned before, it did feel slightly top heavy so there’s that to think of. Having the option to turn off TC and the other functions is a great idea that I wish some other companies would use. It really does make the mods feel more customisable.

Overall the Requiem mod is great in function, comfortable to use and very, very light. Some won’t like the aesthetics of it with the plastic look but as a single 21700 mod it is really quite good.

View attachment 333170
That looks different!
Good one Gitchy.:thumbup:

Well done! That is a top notch review @Gitchy :worship:

At first, I wasn’t interested, but the fact that it’s got the Gaur chip and its lite weight, means this mod is pretty good value for money ;) And I’ve never used a battery adapter, good to know they actually work :18:

Received mine today and so far very happy with it. I like the transparent look and the feel of it my my hand, will be the perfect replacement for my kroma r which gave up on me.

Just a quick update. I read a review saying that the 18650 adapter is slightly to big and if you have another adapter try it. I had one so swapped it and I now find the battery cap fits far better and screws all the way in without any issues.

Just a quick update. I read a review saying that the 18650 adapter is slightly to big and if you have another adapter try it. I had one so swapped it and I now find the battery cap fits far better and screws all the way in without any issues.

That's weird as mine was perfect, screwed in no problem and had no rattle at all. Hey, if it works better with another I might try it myself.

That's weird as mine was perfect, screwed in no problem and had no rattle at all. Hey, if it works better with another I might try it myself.
The original worked fine but was sticking out a bit, the one I have in there now lets me screw the cap flush without any grinding on the threads :)

Back
Top Bottom