What's new

Thelema Quest 200w

I've put it to one side for now and gone back to my Smoant Battlestar, there's a blast from the past. I'll have a play with it and see if the discrepancy moves with the batteries. I have 3 pairs of batteries that I rotate, they are always used in pairs and don't have issues in other mods.

I was hoping to return it to be honest as I'm not really very happy with it but Rainbow Vapes have refused to accept a return.

I'd expect a little variance in voltage between the batteries but 14% seems very high to me, and the difference was increasing steadily as I used it.
You might want to contact LostVape directly, the bottle of my Centaurus Squonker started to leak, I eventually tracked it down to the little push-to-open valve being faulty.

Shops here just don't do returns at all regardless of what the manufacturer says - generally with anything that's electronic, once you buy it they unpack it in the shop, plug it in and you accept that it works fine there and then, after that they're not interested in seeing it coming back whatever happens.

So I contacted LV direct, sent them a really friendly email with photos of my collection of their mods and a detailed explanation and video of the problem, and they sent me 3 replacements by international post free of charge - one reason I tend to buy their stuff.

Might be different with a mod of course, but worth a try, at least only if it puts your mind at rest.

Sony on the other hand... when one of my top-of-the-range earbuds stopped charging after a few months I tried contacting somebody... anybody... you know what it's like trying to actually get a human to respond with these big firms... don't seem to give a toss; so no more Sony products for me.

I have an old Innokin Atlas 18650 mod that has always displayed one battery being considerably lower than the other - when I swap the position of the batteries the one that was lower mysteriously shows a higher state of charge and the one that was higher displays as lower. Removing the batteries and checking the voltage shows them to be in a very similar state of charge.

As the mod doesn't cut off until both batteries are very low I've learned to ignore it - I still get very similar run time and number of hits from a pair of 18650s as I do from most of my other dual 18650 mods so although the difference on the display is a bit irritating it makes no difference to the mod's functionality.

One thing that could make me concerned is if the chipset under-reads the voltage of one of the batteries I wouldn't charge batteries in the mod just in case it continues to charge a battery that is already full - but as I charge 18650s externally it isn't an issue for me

Back
Top Bottom