What's new

Think Vape ZETA Autofiring workaround

I also am patiently waiting to find out if any one else can get some success or not from trying this, mine still hasn't auto fired and I have been game enough to leave battery in it for last couple of nights, am hoping the reverse covid 19 approach does work for some one else, ( non flattening of the curve) :)

How would that explain the problem being sorted by a small increase in voltage, though? The other day mine autofired and i noticed it was under 4v, upped the watts by 1 and it seems to have cured it.
would not have a clue , but at a guess
maybe
higher voltage burns away the corrosion causing contact and auto firing, re opening the switch
( major major guess work here):diy:

Mine wouldn't play ball when trying to get the guts out, I removed the screws and drip tip but no signs of it budging, I tried to pry it with a tiny screwdriver but it started damaging the edges of the shell and the plastic internals, it didn't shift at all so I stopped there rather than having a damaged looking zeta.

Mine wouldn't play ball when trying to get the guts out, I removed the screws and drip tip but no signs of it budging, I tried to pry it with a tiny screwdriver but it started damaging the edges of the shell and the plastic internals, it didn't shift at all so I stopped there rather than having a damaged looking zeta.
don't give up
have a close look at my pics,
there are 3 small detents sticking out of both sides , locking it into housing
I had to flex mine and work with a knife to get out but if you can slide a thin knife down side and keep running it back and forwards on both sides . then use pliers to pull out on centre rib while gently flexing around outside with a knife.
make sure to scrape indents off once out, makes it easier to redo later if needed

am barracking for ya :whipping:

don't give up
have a close look at my pics,
there are 3 small detents sticking out of both sides , locking it into housing
I had to flex mine and work with a knife to get out but if you can slide a thin knife down side and keep running it back and forwards on both sides . then use pliers to pull out on centre rib while gently flexing around outside with a knife.
make sure to scrape indents off once out, makes it easier to redo later if needed

am barracking for ya :whipping:
Cheers for that, I will have another crack at it later, unfortunately the photos are too small for me to see, it's not my favourite device by any means so little to lose if I knacker it up, my DOT AIO is better.

Cheers for that, I will have another crack at it later, unfortunately the photos are too small for me to see, it's not my favourite device by any means so little to lose if I knacker it up, my DOT AIO is better.
cool, send me an email address and I can send some better pics if needed
Mine was going into vape junk box if I couldn't get it sorted,
Am stiil also running my nebox (old faithful , :) )

@ckdummy , how did you get the drip tip holder out?

My black one has now developed another different fault. Which I think might be the fault yours had. The button lost it’s clickiness and doesn’t spring back we’ll after firing it, also causing it to autofire. I’m going to take it apart and have a look.

@ckdummy , how did you get the drip tip holder out?

My black one has now developed another different fault. Which I think might be the fault yours had. The button lost it’s clickiness and doesn’t spring back we’ll after firing it, also causing it to autofire. I’m going to take it apart and have a look.
Hi, I used pincers to grab and twist, a bit rough but worked, see earlier pic,
Update on mine is it auto fired again , so have removed the switch and ribbon and wired in an external switch, its working fine again , very ugly though lol , If you have the time , have a play but personally I don't think its worth the hassle.The danger of auto fire out weighs the mods value, ( my opinion only)
cheers

Hi, I used pincers to grab and twist, a bit rough but worked, see earlier pic,
Update on mine is it auto fired again , so have removed the switch and ribbon and wired in an external switch, its working fine again , very ugly though lol , If you have the time , have a play but personally I don't think its worth the hassle.The danger of auto fire out weighs the mods value, ( my opinion only)
cheers

Aye I don’t know if something has fallen out of it, but once it was apart there was no way to put it back together with any spring in the button at all. This is different from the fault my other one has, which is definitely electronic.

Disappointing, two separate faults that cause autofires.

Back
Top Bottom