What's new

Tis I, the mix maker

1v13du54

Initiate
Novice mixer here, just bought my first batch of DIY material and I'm looking to experiment a little.

Here's what I have right now

TFA (The Flavor Apprentice):
WS-23
Cigarillo
Caramel Cappuccino
Berry Mix
Banana
Apple
Cola Soda
-
CAP (Capella):
Super Sweet
Vanilla Custard

-

The mixes I came up with (but have no idea how to proceed in terms of %s)

Banana x Caramel Cappuccino (WS-23 optional???)
Berry mix x Cola Soda (WS-23 optional)
Banana x Vanilla Custard (WS-23 optional???)
Berry mix x Apple (WS-23 optional)
Apple x Cola Soda (WS-23 optional)
Cigarillo x Vanilla Custard (+Apple/Cola Soda/Berry mix)
Cigarillo x Caramel Cappuccino

Can anyone give a hand on how to proceed? I'd also like to know the %s of sweetener and "ice" I should used on each recipe.

I'll be mixing most of them 50/50 12mg, and might repeat for 70/30 3mg to let my brother try it out.

I'd honestly recommend you mix as single flavours first, then experiment with adding some of one mix to your tank with a few drops of another mix.

There is a site called E-liquid Recipes you should look at, once you`ve signed up you can list your concentrates and they will suggest juices that you can make with the flavours you have, in the main body of the site there are thousands of juices mixed by their members, and thet give all the mix ratios. There is also a flavour rating section where members describe the flavours and give them a rating after tasting.
Good luck if you get hooked on the mixing drug, hope you`ve got deep pockets and a world of patience.

The obvious % for 2 flavours would be half what the ratio is for each one as a single flavour though of course it all depends on the strength of the flavours. Try mixing small amounts and see what ratios, if any, you like.

You have already been given good advice but one tip I can add is to remember to steep your flavours after you have mixed them. In other words once mixed and shaken well leave them in a cool dark place for at least a few days with fruity flavours and at least a month or more with the heavier custards, tobacco’s and heavy creamy flavours. You will be surprised at the difference from when flavours are first mixed to when they are fully steeped although it won’t make a bad recipe into something great.
Another little tip is to only make small amounts like 10ml when trying new flavours and recipes so as not to waste your stash if it doesn’t turn out good. When testing new flavours start at a low percentage and gradually work your way up and remember that some flavours get stronger after steeping, less is often more in this game otherwise if you use too much a flavour can mute itself and you won’t taste much of anything.
As already mentioned I strongly suggest that you sign up at ELR and read as much as you can, there is also a forum that you can join with lots of great mixers that will be happy to give you advice and they are a very friendly bunch too. All the best of luck to you.

The single most important thing with all this is note taking, whether you do it digitally or written or carved into a stone tablet...

Good point. after 10 years of trying to mix an acceptable approximation of kanzi, I had 3 spiral pads of notes and in that time the cost of getting hold of the original has come down so much and it is so much easier to get hold of that in the end it became a vanity project.
I think that one of the main reasons that diy mixes cant replicate some of the commercial juices is that some of the commercial producers have access to industrial homogenisers and agitation plant.
The only time I would consider diy mixing nowadays is if one of my favourite juices were to be discontinued, I`ve come to realise that the guys who are still in business are there because they make bloody good juice.

Last edited:
There is also a lot of rubbish juice out there that they sell as premium liquid. I try to be careful when buying new to me juices as i have binned more than i care to admit.

I agree, I`d love to know why some simple mixes say strawberry/melon from one brand can be like vaping velvet, yet another brand it`s like vaping razor blades.

I once e-mailed a company about rubbish juice and they replied saying it must be my equipment lol. I told them to try it themselves and they never replied which to me speaks volumes.

Back
Top Bottom