What's new

Tis I, the mix maker

Thanks so much to all of you,
I did take notes but still went with multiple flavors since I'm not very keen on single flavors.
Went with 10ml of these two recipes

Berry Mix (TFA) 4%
Cola Soda (TFA) 2%
WS-23 (TFA) 0.5%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.1%

Banana (TFA) 3.5%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 1.5%
WS-23 (TFA) 0.5%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.1%

Will steep the Berry bottle for 2 weeks and the Banana for 3 and post an update here.
Also might go ahead with these two soon.

Cigarillo (TFA) 2%

Cigarillo (TFA) 2%
Caramel Cappuccino (TFA) 0.5%

On an unrelated note, using a syringe is so unbelievably hard, I even tried taking the nozzle off of one of the bottles and ended up wasting like 3ml of a flavor concentrate. So I'll probably go ahead with the drops method, assuming that 1ml = 20 drops as cited in most articles.

Get some good scales and do it by weight. Plenty of vids on YouTube about how to go about it. Also checkout 'diy or die'. He's been pumping out tips, tricks and deeper analysis for years.

On an unrelated note, using a syringe is so unbelievably hard, I even tried taking the nozzle off of one of the bottles and ended up wasting like 3ml of a flavor concentrate. So I'll probably go ahead with the drops method, assuming that 1ml = 20 drops as cited in most articles.
The drops method is not very accurate, most recipes that cite drops mean 20 drops from an eye dropper, it`s more like 40-45 from a dispensing bottle. A set of scales measuring by 0.01 gram and from 0.01 to 200 grams will set you back about a tenner.

Thanks so much to all of you,
I did take notes but still went with multiple flavors since I'm not very keen on single flavors.
Went with 10ml of these two recipes

Berry Mix (TFA) 4%
Cola Soda (TFA) 2%
WS-23 (TFA) 0.5%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.1%
Well well well, after 2 weeks of steeping, it literally tastes like nothing, no berry flavor whatsoever, not sweet either, but the soda is the most visible.
so I guess
8% Berry
2% Soda
2% WS-23
1% Sweetener

The drops method is not very accurate, most recipes that cite drops mean 20 drops from an eye dropper, it`s more like 40-45 from a dispensing bottle. A set of scales measuring by 0.01 gram and from 0.01 to 200 grams will set you back about a tenner.

mixing by weight is mixing by drops, unless you take the dropper off the bottle and pour it in.

but to mix successfully by drops you need scales so you can work out the average weight of a drop from a specific types of bottle, as they are all different.

Well well well, after 2 weeks of steeping, it literally tastes like nothing, no berry flavor whatsoever, not sweet either, but the soda is the most visible.
so I guess
8% Berry
2% Soda
2% WS-23
1% Sweetener
exactly why i gave up trying to mix :D
50 bottles of concentrate down the drain. agree with above though a cheap set of scales made it so much easier. under £10 on post 6 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

tbh if you want to do some sort of mixing let the experts take the strain. i think your best bet is to buy drop shots in 150 or 250ml bottles. 30-50ml concentrate and then just add vg and nic shots. ive found some great flavours for aroun 10-15 notes which lasts for ages.

mixing by weight is mixing by drops, unless you take the dropper off the bottle and pour it in.

but to mix successfully by drops you need scales so you can work out the average weight of a drop from a specific types of bottle, as they are all different.
Pedant

just my 2 cents

Adjusted to what I think would work a bit better although I think your berry is letting you down here, are you wanting a sweet or tart type berry?

7% Berry
1.5% Soda
1.2% WS-23
0.3% Sweetener

With the other recipes if you are using cap VC v1 then 1.5% is going to do not a whole lot for you tbh, if I were using it in a recipe with say 3 flavors and wanted the custard to just be a sidekick rather than a main character then start at 3%

This one here has some legs but drop the ws23 and play around with either some creams (Flavorart are good) or some biscuits. The banana is the hard part here, most concentrates taste garbo when it comes to nana

Banana (TFA) 3.5%
WS-23 (TFA) 0.5%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.1%

just my 2 cents

Adjusted to what I think would work a bit better although I think your berry is letting you down here, are you wanting a sweet or tart type berry?

7% Berry
1.5% Soda
1.2% WS-23
0.3% Sweetener

With the other recipes if you are using cap VC v1 then 1.5% is going to do not a whole lot for you tbh, if I were using it in a recipe with say 3 flavors and wanted the custard to just be a sidekick rather than a main character then start at 3%

This one here has some legs but drop the ws23 and play around with either some creams (Flavorart are good) or some biscuits. The banana is the hard part here, most concentrates taste garbo when it comes to nana

Banana (TFA) 3.5%
WS-23 (TFA) 0.5%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.1%
I'm not sure if it's v1 or v2 tbh, my vendor buys in bulk then resells it in their own packaging so I'll have to check with them.

I just got up from the mixing table, saw your reply after the fact :17:

Adjusted the berry recipe to

Berry Mix 8%
Cola Soda 2%
W.S 2%
S.S 1%

And went with a few more tests

Cigarillo 3%
Vanilla Custard 2%
-
Cigarillo 3%
Vanilla Custard 3%
-
Cigarillo 3%
Cappuccino Caramel 2%
Banana 1%

I'll give the berry 2 weeks to steep, and the cigarillos at least 4 weeks.

Will open up the banana recipe from the last time at 4 weeks as well cuz vanilla custard.

exactly why i gave up trying to mix :D
50 bottles of concentrate down the drain. agree with above though a cheap set of scales made it so much easier. under £10 on post 6 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

tbh if you want to do some sort of mixing let the experts take the strain. i think your best bet is to buy drop shots in 150 or 250ml bottles. 30-50ml concentrate and then just add vg and nic shots. ive found some great flavours for aroun 10-15 notes which lasts for ages.
Honestly I don't mind the bad flavor, at least I know my ingredients are safe (e-juice vendors here literally use PG that they get from paint shops so they increase their profit margin) so ye, having a nice flavor is the least of my concerns here haha

Back
Top Bottom