What's new

traveling via dubai. please help .. where to put things.

aalmosawi

Postman
I am soooooo utterly confused about this its crazy.

a sibling is bringing me items from the U.S. and into Baghdad.
He will be travelling via dubai with a 21 hour layover. HE WILL go into dubai for the 21 hours.

I have ordered for him to bring to me a few items:

ipv3Li unit
a bunch of Kanthal coil
a few bags of cotton
two RDAs
1 aspire tank
and a 6bottle 30ml juice pack.
18650 batteries (4)
Battery charger

Now. I am confused as to what is allowed to go where.
I know in dubai things are "confusing".
I have contacted dubai airport via email and their replies leave you ultra confused.
they say things like:

"Concerning your query, we would like to let you know that battery-powered portables are considered as prohibited items and are not allowed to be carried in checked-in luggage. This is been practiced as per documented international safety and security rules and is been followed very strictly by Dubai airports security department.

If any such items were been carried in checked-in baggage, items would be subject to confiscation making retrieval impossible to its owner offering no compensation.

We would also like to let you know that electronic smoking devices are prohibited in the UAE and all arriving and departing passenger are restricted to possess the same."

If any such items were been carried in checked-in baggage, items would be subject to confiscation making retrieval impossible to its owner offering no compensation.

We would also like to let you know that electronic smoking devices are prohibited in the UAE and all arriving and departing passenger are restricted to possess the same.

However, please be informed that it is permissible to carry the item (e-cigarette) in hand baggage. "

...? double meaning there. in the end it says "it is permissible to carry the item (e-cigarette) in hand baggage."but at the start it says not to.

so i replied to their email all confused... and they said pretty much the same thing but in bold letters. lol

Dear customer,
Please note that transiting passengers are permitted to carry the mentioned items in their hand carry baggage’s. Also, please be informed that any passenger transiting at Dubai airports may remain in the airport for a maximum period of 24 hours.

However, any passenger arriving into the country or departing from the country are not allowed to possess the items.

Kindly, note that these items are subject to screening /searching by the Dubai airports security/police department hence confiscation of the same would be done by Dubai police department.

so we know that he will enter dubai for the 21 hours. problem arises.

a friend of mine works for an airline suggested i throw everything in the checked in bag (the big bag) and considering this is a transition flight (with layover) it should be ok. he says that the big bag will remain at the airport thus not breaking the law of entering the country.

I dont agree with this at all.

what would you do?

((please note, my sibling has no idea on disassembling the rda/tank))
he can take stuff out of the package and throw it in a bag. thats about it.

so how would we deal with this?

Heres what i think. am i correct in this?

ipv3Li unit (remove from box, carryon)?
a bunch of Kanthal coil (checked bag)
a few bags of cotton (checked bag)
two RDAs (carry on)
1 aspire tank (carry on)
and a 6bottle 30ml juice pack. (checked bag)
18650 batteries (4) (carryon)
Battery charger (checked)

furthermore, i figured perhaps there are lockers to store the items into for when exiting the airport and returning to complete the flight?

I'm pretty sure they are illegal in the UAE.
My opinion is that your pals suggestion is actually pretty wise.

What they are saying is that you are allowed to carry the item in carry on luggage, but they will confiscate it if you do.

Transiting means not leaving the airport or going through customs.
If you are planning on going into real Dubai I would just try and send them via the postal service.
Saying that.... If there are no boxes and no ejuice they could be anything ;)
If you're caught though I would expect a hefty fine.

Ive recently travelled through Dubai in January, I carried a Mod/Tank/Juice and Batteries in hand luggage. Kanthal and cotton etc went into hold luggage along with more juice.

If the stuff isn't going to be used it might as well all go into the hold luggage, except for the batteries they need to be in hand luggage.

Ive recently travelled through Dubai in January, I carried a Mod/Tank/Juice and Batteries in hand luggage. Kanthal and cotton etc went into hold luggage along with more juice.

If the stuff isn't going to be used it might as well all go into the hold luggage, except for the batteries they need to be in hand luggage.

Thats actually what i had told him to do from the start. RDA/MOD/ batteries with you in carry on. IN their boxes as they are. as a gift for brother.
its a 50/50 chance they may take it. howerver we have a problem. we have a 21 hour layover where he will exit the airport and return.

Now what? I am thinking stash all items except batteries in big bag (checked) and hope for the best.

Lets say i put all things in the checked in bag and label as gift.
Problem is this though:
the checked bag is going to be screened by the airport. What if they remove the stuff from it and leave a note? should we label it as a gift?

This is in fact the most retarded law in the world. Surrounding couturiers of Iraq we have Turkey, Jordan, UAE, Lebanon. ALL of which have a ban on sale of vaping equipment and are difficult to obtain.

What i am to do if i wanna vape? travel to the UK where a $100 dollars equals £65 pounds? and a mcdonalds meal is £10 pounds? thats a $100 dollars down the drain!
Should i travel to china to buy my equipment where a plane ticket and a visa costs $1500 dollars?

Back
Top Bottom