What's new

traveling via dubai. please help .. where to put things.

@kris73 . Not leaving, only a transfer.
Colleagues done it recently and said they had a full security check point even on transfer.

@kris73 . Not leaving, only a transfer.
Colleagues done it recently and said they had a full security check point even on transfer.

Yeah I noticed this too on my journey recently, when I flew out from Edinburgh to Istanbul , I went through transfers area as I had a connecting flight from there to Dubai. Now as soon as we went through there then there was a lot of security there, checking bags, patting you down and all that carry on.
With all the things going on in media these days, airports have tightened up. Doesn't make a difference if your transferring or leaving the airport, they will bend you over to check shit out!

The only issue you will face with being stopped with carrying ecigs is when you are visiting airports of countries that have it banned. As I said I was one of the lucky few that got through with it but next time I would just dismantle it all place it into checked luggage and carry a cheap or old mod that I'm not too bothered about with me to use. If they take it then they take it. As my good stuff will be in the suitcase.

i am EXTREMELY happy to announce that customs didn't touch any of my stuff.
either my brother did a good job unpacking the items (although still in their boxes) and putting them in ziplock baggage or didnt care..

The solution was rather easy. CHECKED bag for all stuff.
passing via Dubai ... just left EVERYTHING except for the batteries in the checked in bags.
Then reached Baghdad and was rather nervous cause they forbid it here too BUT I guess i was lucky cause the customs in iraq only know what the old ecig looks like.

Anyways. I am still a very newbie (if thats right to say) and i have ordered all the things i need to get started..

Just returned from:-
Edinburgh - Doha (Qatar) - Tokyo - Busan (South Korea).
Full pat down and questioned about vape mod at Edinburgh - no issue and on my way.
Scanned a Doha but not even stopped.
No issues in any other places either.
Worst place was my start and 'own' airport!
I didn't actually vape in Qatar as I could smell the smoke rooms from about 20 yards away, they were chocka and minging, preferred just to wait the 8 hours or so for my next toot.
I am down to 1 mg and must say I had zero issue with more than 24 hours with no vape.

I've just come back from holiday in Dubai. Fully aware that it is "illegal" out there and may have my mod confiscated. They give you a full security search when going through to baggage reclaim - ie scan hand luggage and you walk though a scanner.

They didn't question any of my stuff in hand luggage - istick 50w, tank and eliquid. Didn't ask, didn't take it off me, didn't even pause to look at it.

I vaped away in Dubai for a week and a couple of the staff actually asked me about it and said how much they wish they had the option. No bad looks, no nasty comments, and I wasn't arrested [emoji23]

I didn't even think about this! I'm going to Dubai in July and thought my ecig would be OK? To be fair I've heard horror stories about Dubai and when I went last year everyone there seemed really relaxed? Is this just something that's hyped up but in reality no one over there cares?

I didn't even think about this! I'm going to Dubai in July and thought my ecig would be OK? To be fair I've heard horror stories about Dubai and when I went last year everyone there seemed really relaxed? Is this just something that's hyped up but in reality no one over there cares?
See my last post

Back
Top Bottom