What's new

Univapo Miso-C & Miso PRO.

Astral

Achiever

Univapo Miso-C & Miso PRO.

Disclaimer: This is an independent review of a vape device kindly provided to me by @Univapo and is not associated with Planet Of The Vapes or any other organisation. The opinions here are purely my own and I am not receiving any payment or inducement for them.

DSCF0441 (2).JPG

Good grief Univapo are busy. I guess when you’re on a roll, you’re on a roll and it’s best to keep going.

Following on from their recent releases of the lovely little Kipo kit and it’s adorable sibling the Miso I reviewed recently, they’ve launched another two Miso devices to add to the stable and compliment them.

Unlike my first Miso review though where I took an uncharacteristic hiatus from my usually painfully inhibited self and quoted 2 Live Crew’s “Me so horny” throughout, this time I’m going to revert to my normal introversion and stick to the facts…

Well mostly....

For what it’s worth, I might just quickly reference the film from which that song is sampled - Full Metal Jacket - just because that’s exactly what these two new devices have - full metal jackets, well almost.

With the exception of the base plate which is still plastic, that slightly scratchy plastic end cap of the original Miso is now gone only to be replaced by a smoothly wrapped shell.

Way to go Univapo, have a jelly doughnut!

DSCF0450 (2).JPG DSCF0448 (2).JPG
DSCF0452 (2).JPG DSCF0454 (2).JPG

They’ve even added to the goodness by way of new 0.8ohm and 1ohm captive coil pods for the Miso-C to complement the original 1.2 ohmer, and given the Miso Pro 0.8ohm (13-18w) mesh and 1.2ohm (9-12w) removable round wire coils to boot.

Even more way to go Univapo, have a second jelly doughnut!

DSCF0434 (2).JPG

So with this then, they’ve just made a good thing better, and given that both these devices are nicer in the hand, their increased scope via their new coil range adds a flexibility into the mix that was previously absent.

Add in 5v/2amp USB Type-C fast charging of 20 minutes for the 600mah Miso-C and 30 minutes for the 1000mah Miso-Pro and you’ve surely got yourself a winner.

They both weigh less than a jelly doughnut too but thankfully they’re far less messy. At only 100 x 25 x 16mm for the bigger Miso Pro, these things are both tiny and eminently pocketable, and you can’t do that with your patisserie!

The taste might well be on a par though and they both handled sweet and fruitier juices with aplomb, as well as anything else I could throw at them. Nicotine salts were no problem either.

Unfortunately neither seem to have much in the way of airflow control despite being fitted with the ubiquitous 180 degree oppositional pod system.

Not that it really mattered. The Pro vaped beautifully with either coil, giving a warm, smooth, loose MTL vape with the 0.8ohmer fitted and a cooler more beginner friendly one with the 1.2, and the ‘C’ was just as good, if not better - it was also a little tighter.

Combining this with the excellent auto-draw system there’s really nothing to complain about with either of these, you’ve got options however you like it.

Univapo has also mastered the art of coil building at the first attempt.

Then there’s the range of protections: overtime, over charge, high temperature, over current, over discharge and short circuit. You couldn’t get yourself into trouble if you tried.

In the mouth, they feel as good as in the hand.

The duckbill drip-tip was something I raved about in my first Miso review and it’s something I’m going to do again.

It’s still as comfortable as ever and unchanged on the Miso-C - naturally I guess given the interchangeability of the pods, and the Miso Pro’s is also very pleasant, giving a tapered, natural feeling but it is slightly wider and chunkier than the C’s.

DSCF0428 (2).JPG DSCF0429 (2).JPG
DSCF0436 (2).JPG DSCF0438 (2).JPG

Filling is as easy as it always was too. The novel cut outs on the side of the mod allow the side-filling pods to be replenished in situ, giving you a bigger surface area to cling on to while doing it. This is so simple but something I’m genuinely surprised other companies aren’t doing.

Capacities aren’t enormous though at 2ml and 3ml respectively for the Miso-C and Miso-Pro, but this matters not one jot if you’re in the TPD zone as they’ll be 2ml for both anyway, and they’re both sufficient for the type of use they’re designed for.

Aesthetically they’re both attractive lookers, especially the Miso-C with it’s simplicity.

The Pro has a nice anodised ring around the slightly raised 22mm power button too and a nice little tri-colour battery level indicator light beneath - although the buttons are machined a little sharply and I initially worried they could cut my thumb, but neither did.

Either way, they look so good you could proudly use either of these pods in public without getting disparaging looks and they’ll both fit in nicely with their wine bar and fashionista clientele. I could easily see them becoming the fashionista’s pod of choice.

They come in a range of solid or graduated colours, some understated, some glamorous, with enticing names like lime yellow, sunset glow and ocean red as well as your more basic reds, greens, blacks and blues.

The only real negative I have for them - other than the machining of their buttons and the Pro’s slight looseness on the 0.8ohm coil - is the lack of spare pod for the Miso-C.

Both come with USB Type-C charging cables and reading bumf, but only the Pro has a spare coil. The Miso-C does come with a nice lanyard though, but I’d have preferred them to have foregone this in place of another pod.

DSCF0462 (2).JPG DSCF0458 (2).JPG
DSCF0465 (2).JPG DSCF0456 (2).JPG

It may sound like me moaning but these are important things in beginner markets as incorrect usage is more likely.

All in all though, if those are the only things I’ve got to complain about then it’s not much and at this end of the market a lack of spare pod is becoming more common so it’s not just Univapo.

On the whole then, I’m a big fan of these pods and I like what Univapo is doing.

I like both the design and the performance of their products and hope to see them succeed. They make better stuff than many of their more illustrious rivals and deserve to be better known. In time I think they will be, particularly if they keep turning out products as good as these.

With their excellent coils, top auto-draw and newly extended shells removing that annoying end cap, these Miso devices stand out in a crowded market and are worthy of purchase. You might have to do it via their website because of a lack of stockists but even then they’re worth the wait.

If you want a pocket friendly device or something uber fashionable then these are certainly worth going for.

Of the two, I probably preferred the Miso-C but it’s a close call. It’s sleeker design and lighter weight just make it feel more natural than the slightly chunkier, boxier Miso-Pro but then the Pro has the bigger battery so it really comes down to your needs.

So with that, and in tribute to that end cap going - and to ‘2 Live Crew’, I think I’ll let myself down and go out on a bum note and sing “Me so, me so, me so horny”!

Last edited:
Nice one mate, a lovely read as usual! The Pro is way too loose for me and agree that the C is the better of the 2.
Who says I can't pocket pattiserie though? I beg to differ, I'm often found wandering round town with pastries in my pocket.

Nice one mate, a lovely read as usual! The Pro is way too loose for me and agree that the C is the better of the 2.
Who says I can't pocket pattiserie though? I beg to differ, I'm often found wandering round town with pastries in my pocket.

Lol @ForestMagpie, why does that second part not surprise me?

Quite an honest, entertaining and great review to read @Astral. We took notes on those pointers you remarked.

We appreciate the time you lend for providing your thoughts and a special thanks to the "jelly doughnuts". :18::2thumbsup:

Have a great day and keep safe always.

-Univapo

Hey

Great review Astral. As you know i don't normally read reviews before i have done mine but based on the fact im unable to review both of them atm i thought i would have a read.

I have tried the Miso C and I am a fan, unfortunately i havent been able to use it alot due to Covid as u know. Miso Pro not opened yet.

@Univapo are producing some fab kit, they are great to deal with and listen to their customers. BUT they need to get more stockist over here. Thats my only frustration.
Their kits are some of my favs, flavour and coil longevity is top notch.

Well done, great review thank u

Nice review as always Astral.

I've got these as well and they definitely surprised me. I really like the loose draw on the pro and the C did me well for a sneaky pub vape last week.

Nice review as always Astral.

I've got these as well and they definitely surprised me. I really like the loose draw on the pro and the C did me well for a sneaky pub vape last week.

Thanks @Gitchy, they're cracking little pods that's for sure. Definitely ones for popping in the pocket.

Back
Top Bottom