What's new

USB C Cables.

LordOdin

Veteran
I usually don't concern my self with the USB C Cables that come with Mods but with using Pods i have been using one. My problem with it is it's about 1 inch long. I decided to go through loads of Mod Packaging and the Majority of them are all short until i came to Steam Crave. I looked in one of my Meson Boxes and there it was, a Braided USB C Cable, must be a good 18 inches long. Now i know a lot of you probably don't use them but doesn't it annoy you. You pay pretty high prices for things and they give you a piss poor charging/data cable. It's proper pissed me off this morning. Some Companies don't even supply one. Shame on them.

Got 100’s of the bloody things sat in boxes. Don’t use them, have my own.

If they're going to include one then yeah it ought to be a useable length.

Another thing that annoys me as well is where they put the ports, i can understand that some Mods etc they only have so much space to fit one. The Centaurus B80 for example, you would have to take a panel off to charge it. I use an external charger but not everyone has one, plus if you have a short lead your struggling to plug it in because of the location.

Another stunt they pull occasionally is to include a USB cable that can't be used for data transfer. If you have to resort to rummaging through boxes to find a USB cable make sure you use one that was provided with a mod that is firmware updateable or the manufacturer could have skrimped and provided a cable with no internal wires between the data pins.

I usually don't concern my self with the USB C Cables that come with Mods but with using Pods i have been using one. My problem with it is it's about 1 inch long. I decided to go through loads of Mod Packaging and the Majority of them are all short until i came to Steam Crave. I looked in one of my Meson Boxes and there it was, a Braided USB C Cable, must be a good 18 inches long. Now i know a lot of you probably don't use them but doesn't it annoy you. You pay pretty high prices for things and they give you a piss poor charging/data cable. It's proper pissed me off this morning. Some Companies don't even supply one. Shame on them.

i know which pod your talking about the gotek pro yes it is tidly & i swapped mine out for a braided usb C ages ago

Got a couple of these

71ypSF9Kt+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Careful what you wish for.

The trouble is almost every device that needs on comes with one in the box and you end up with a mountain of the things.

Back
Top Bottom