What's new

Vandy Vape Pulse AIO.5 Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Joyi @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

PXL_20220926_141738958.jpg

The Vandy Vape Pulse AIO.5 Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-pulse-aio-5-kit.html

I got a code to bring it down to a cracking $39.99 and that’s PAIO5K but I can see it’s on sale just now anyway for the Sourcemore 8th Anniversary Carnival so now’s a good time to get it if interested.

The Pulse AIO.5 is a single 21700/20700 battery kit that comes with an adapter to take 18650 batteries as well. It goes up to 80w and has bypass, voltage, as well as TC capabilities. In the version I got you get a stock coil tank and an RBA tank included. It also has a USB Type-C slot for updates and charging.

In the box you get:
1 Pulse AIO.5 Device
1 Pulse Vessel RBA Tank
1 Pulse Vessel Pre-Built Tank
2 VVC Coil
2 24ga Ni80 Coil 0.4ohm
1 Coil Lead Guide
1 QC Type-C USB Cable
1 Instruction Manual
1*Accessory Bag
1 Wrench
1 18650 Battery Adaptor
1 Bonus Round Button and Panel Set

PXL_20220926_141917568.jpg

Style wise it’s an AIO. It just looks like a box with a driptip coming out the top. I do really like the form of it and it feels nicely comfortable in my hand. The only thing for me is that I’m left handed and it’s clearly set up for right handed users to thumb fire. Still usable as a lefty but I’ve had to adapt to it a little. The covers on it are plastic and taking the side off with the button hole reveals a small screen and adjustment buttons below the fire button. There’s also a window to see juice level and a gap to be able to push the battery out on the other side. On the other side is the battery bay and the tank. You need to unscrew the drip tip hole to get the tank out or in and it does fit in quite snugly but there is also an option to adjust the level of the connector inside if you were to get a tank that is just a wee bit too small and wiggly.

The only part of the overall design I don’t like is the white drip tip that was included. I hate it so I’ve changed it out for a normal 510 tip straight away. From what I’ve read and looked at this version is pretty much the same as the original Pulse AIO, they’ve just updated the top interface for the 510 nut so that it doesn’t crack the body anymore as some of the original ones were know to do this. There’s also the fact that the fire button is now square but you do get the parts to put it back to a round button included so you can fit the various panels available to buy if you so wish.

And that’s a draw of the kit. You can change the panels and fire buttons around, as you can with most AIOs. In this kit you do get the round fire button unit that is easy to change over with the included allen key. I also got a couple of panels in the kit as well so I’ve changed them over while writing to show what they’re like. There are loads of boro type tanks to buy as well so it could be an expensive undertaking if you drop down that deep, deep hole. I have managed to stay sane so far but there are boro tanks calling my name already and there are a couple of the Vandy Vape panels that are catching my eye as well. Must, stay, strong.

PXL_20220926_141940135.jpg

The functions on the kit are good. Changing function is done with 3 clicks of the fire button. You can use VW, VV and bypass, as well as your preferred TC mode by cycling through them with the plus and minus adjustment buttons. The screen is small but functional and it shows the wattage, ohms of coil, puff count and battery level clearly.

In use it’s easy enough to use and a good draw. I started off with the Vessel pre built tank, using the 0.3 coil at about 30w. At first I found the draw a wee bit loose for my tastes so I had to take the tank out, adjust and then pop it back in. A bit of a faff but not too onerous. The draw is nice and the coils are pretty good. I’ve been using the RBA a lot more but the VVC coil is still going strong for me after about a week and a half and the flavour is pretty good. There’s also a 0.6 coil included but to be honest I’ve been enjoying the 0.3 so much I’ve not got round to using it yet.

Onto the Vessel RBA and I’ve had a wee muck around with builds for it. The RBA has a curved honeycomb deck and I do really like it as it’s similar to the Kylin Mini V2, which I’m very used to. I started off with some 22awg flapton wire at 3mm diameter and while it fit ok I felt on the draw it was a bit too big of a coil for this tank. I got a bit of a weird, warm taste and it just seemed to not suit the tank if that makes sense. Not to say that 3mm coils won’t be good in this RBA, just that the flapton didn’t suit me personally so I might try again with a 2.5mm coil next time I need to put a coil in.

I then went onto fit the included 24awg Ni80 round wire that was included with the kit and that was much better for me. I got a good draw at 30w again and again had to adjust the airflow to suit myself. But that was boring me so I finally settled for some 25awg brochrome wire and got to my perfect draw with 38w of power going through that, again going for 2.5mm id so the air could hit the coil better.

What I did find with the Vessel is that you are better going for a coil with a good few wraps or using wide wire as fitting the ends into the holes on the deck can be a little tricky. I think it’s just the rectangular design but the holes are a little spaced, which is good for the bigger wires, but not too big as the chimney is quite low to the deck. I also noticed that putting the coil quite low to the deck was better for flavour here. I usually go for 6 or 6.5 mm legs on my coils, using the coily tool, but here it was better at 5.5mm so the coil sits in the middle of the honeycomb airflow. It makes for fiddly fitting but it is worth it in the end.

PXL_20220915_121804142.jpg

Overall the Pulse AIO.5 is a good kit. It is actually the perfect starter AIO. Yes, it’s a bit plasticy but I don’t really notice that with the black doors on and the square button fitted. Even with the spare panels and the round button the plastic panels don’t bother me much. The Vessel tanks are pretty well done imo, I like the RBA so far and the pre built coil tank is really good and really suits the kit. I’m tempted to buy some coils for it and just keep using that for out and about as it has a bigger capacity than the RBA. To be honest the only thing that’s bothering me is the call of the other boro tanks and other AIOs. I can see from other folks the forum that it’s a slippery, expensive slope to fall down and I can hear billet boxes and boros screaming through the ether of the internet to me already…

PXL_20220926_143014908.jpg

Joyi @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

View attachment 292180

The Vandy Vape Pulse AIO.5 Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/vandy-vape-pulse-aio-5-kit.html

I got a code to bring it down to a cracking $39.99 and that’s PAIO5K but I can see it’s on sale just now anyway for the Sourcemore 8th Anniversary Carnival so now’s a good time to get it if interested.

The Pulse AIO.5 is a single 21700/20700 battery kit that comes with an adapter to take 18650 batteries as well. It goes up to 80w and has bypass, voltage, as well as TC capabilities. In the version I got you get a stock coil tank and an RBA tank included. It also has a USB Type-C slot for updates and charging.

In the box you get:
1 Pulse AIO.5 Device
1 Pulse Vessel RBA Tank
1 Pulse Vessel Pre-Built Tank
2 VVC Coil
2 24ga Ni80 Coil 0.4ohm
1 Coil Lead Guide
1 QC Type-C USB Cable
1 Instruction Manual
1*Accessory Bag
1 Wrench
1 18650 Battery Adaptor
1 Bonus Round Button and Panel Set

View attachment 292181

Style wise it’s an AIO. It just looks like a box with a driptip coming out the top. I do really like the form of it and it feels nicely comfortable in my hand. The only thing for me is that I’m left handed and it’s clearly set up for right handed users to thumb fire. Still usable as a lefty but I’ve had to adapt to it a little. The covers on it are plastic and taking the side off with the button hole reveals a small screen and adjustment buttons below the fire button. There’s also a window to see juice level and a gap to be able to push the battery out on the other side. On the other side is the battery bay and the tank. You need to unscrew the drip tip hole to get the tank out or in and it does fit in quite snugly but there is also an option to adjust the level of the connector inside if you were to get a tank that is just a wee bit too small and wiggly.

The only part of the overall design I don’t like is the white drip tip that was included. I hate it so I’ve changed it out for a normal 510 tip straight away. From what I’ve read and looked at this version is pretty much the same as the original Pulse AIO, they’ve just updated the top interface for the 510 nut so that it doesn’t crack the body anymore as some of the original ones were know to do this. There’s also the fact that the fire button is now square but you do get the parts to put it back to a round button included so you can fit the various panels available to buy if you so wish.

And that’s a draw of the kit. You can change the panels and fire buttons around, as you can with most AIOs. In this kit you do get the round fire button unit that is easy to change over with the included allen key. I also got a couple of panels in the kit as well so I’ve changed them over while writing to show what they’re like. There are loads of boro type tanks to buy as well so it could be an expensive undertaking if you drop down that deep, deep hole. I have managed to stay sane so far but there are boro tanks calling my name already and there are a couple of the Vandy Vape panels that are catching my eye as well. Must, stay, strong.

View attachment 292182

The functions on the kit are good. Changing function is done with 3 clicks of the fire button. You can use VW, VV and bypass, as well as your preferred TC mode by cycling through them with the plus and minus adjustment buttons. The screen is small but functional and it shows the wattage, ohms of coil, puff count and battery level clearly.

In use it’s easy enough to use and a good draw. I started off with the Vessel pre built tank, using the 0.3 coil at about 30w. At first I found the draw a wee bit loose for my tastes so I had to take the tank out, adjust and then pop it back in. A bit of a faff but not too onerous. The draw is nice and the coils are pretty good. I’ve been using the RBA a lot more but the VVC coil is still going strong for me after about a week and a half and the flavour is pretty good. There’s also a 0.6 coil included but to be honest I’ve been enjoying the 0.3 so much I’ve not got round to using it yet.

Onto the Vessel RBA and I’ve had a wee muck around with builds for it. The RBA has a curved honeycomb deck and I do really like it as it’s similar to the Kylin Mini V2, which I’m very used to. I started off with some 22awg flapton wire at 3mm diameter and while it fit ok I felt on the draw it was a bit too big of a coil for this tank. I got a bit of a weird, warm taste and it just seemed to not suit the tank if that makes sense. Not to say that 3mm coils won’t be good in this RBA, just that the flapton didn’t suit me personally so I might try again with a 2.5mm coil next time I need to put a coil in.

I then went onto fit the included 24awg Ni80 round wire that was included with the kit and that was much better for me. I got a good draw at 30w again and again had to adjust the airflow to suit myself. But that was boring me so I finally settled for some 25awg brochrome wire and got to my perfect draw with 38w of power going through that, again going for 2.5mm id so the air could hit the coil better.

What I did find with the Vessel is that you are better going for a coil with a good few wraps or using wide wire as fitting the ends into the holes on the deck can be a little tricky. I think it’s just the rectangular design but the holes are a little spaced, which is good for the bigger wires, but not too big as the chimney is quite low to the deck. I also noticed that putting the coil quite low to the deck was better for flavour here. I usually go for 6 or 6.5 mm legs on my coils, using the coily tool, but here it was better at 5.5mm so the coil sits in the middle of the honeycomb airflow. It makes for fiddly fitting but it is worth it in the end.

View attachment 292179

Overall the Pulse AIO.5 is a good kit. It is actually the perfect starter AIO. Yes, it’s a bit plasticy but I don’t really notice that with the black doors on and the square button fitted. Even with the spare panels and the round button the plastic panels don’t bother me much. The Vessel tanks are pretty well done imo, I like the RBA so far and the pre built coil tank is really good and really suits the kit. I’m tempted to buy some coils for it and just keep using that for out and about as it has a bigger capacity than the RBA. To be honest the only thing that’s bothering me is the call of the other boro tanks and other AIOs. I can see from other folks the forum that it’s a slippery, expensive slope to fall down and I can hear billet boxes and boros screaming through the ether of the internet to me already…

View attachment 292183
Good one Gitchy:thumbsup:

Nice review as always @Gitchy, thank you for your time, efforts and hard work in doing it.

It seems you've got yourself a good one there.

It's times like this I wish I hadn't taken myself off @Sourcemore's mailing as there is the occasional bit of good stuff that comes thorough.

But that said, I'm much happier now with my reduced duties and don't feel I'm missing out too much. The stress and volume was getting too much for me and making me unwell.

Health has to come first after all, and I hope yours and your families is good.

Peace, love and eternal blessings to you all.

Great review @Gitchy.
I only use boro mods these days and this one has always had me interested for a work beater. Just never get the purchase over the line lol.

Back
Top Bottom