What's new

Vape For The Planet

Innokin

Overseas Vendor
Hi POTV,

In celebration of Earth Day and our planet, we'll be raising awareness of environmentally responsible vaping through our Vape for the Planet Campaign.
party.gif

From 4/21 - 5/12, join us for giveaways, surveys with prize drawings, discounts & more! Take the survey for your chance to win here:
https://form.typeform.com/to/BjteU1fN?typeform=&typeform-source=us17.admin.mailchimp.com

To kick things off, we're donating $2000 to One Tree Planted.

They're dedicated to preserving our natural world through reforestation efforts.

Visit: https://onetreeplanted.org/

Check back with us for more news and updates, and lets Vape for the Planet together!

@innokintechnology Photo by Innokin Technology Official on April.jpg

Hi @Innokin hope you are all well, I applaud you for the above Campaign which is good for the reputation of vaping as a whole but on the other hand the vaping industry has created a bigger problem by manufacturing the disposable vape kits and the issues that they are creating. Firstly the uptake of teenagers using such devices some of which have never smoked before then there is the issue of discarded vape pens littering the streets, also the problems with recycling them is becoming a worldwide problem.
In the UK the Government are looking at ways to deal with the problem of disposable being it tighter laws or possibly banning them altogether but the other issues this creates is the knock on effect to the rest of vaping as a whole be banning flavoured eliquids and any other restrictions they wish to impose.
The NHS is starting to supply a certain amount of e-cigarettes to heavy smokers which is a great campaign and good for the reputation of vaping as a whole so surely this would be a good opportunity for vape manufacturers to look at the damage disposable e-cigarettes are doing to the reputation of vaping and more tighter restrictions on the industry which not only effect us who use vape kits but will also have an effect on manufacturers producing vaping products which will only limit the profits of the industry altogether.

Hi @TP 72, thanks for your comment. You have touched on some complex issues, but let me try to answer them to my best ability.

1. On the manufacturing of disposable vapes: at Innokin, the first priority of our mission as a company is to accelerate tobacco harm reduction and provide adult smokers with effective tools. Over the past few years, many smokers have made the switch to using disposable devices, since they are very user-friendly and present a low cost to entry for new vapers in the short term. We fully recognize that disposable vapes are inherently more wasteful than refillable devices and encourage our customers to transition to more sustainable products if possible. We are also working to create disposable vapes with reduced waste where possible. We care deeply about reducing our impact on the environment, and balancing this goal with our tobacco harm reduction mission will always be a challenge that we work on.

2. On child access to vaping: we never want children to use our products or any vaping product. Unfortunately, some unscrupulous sellers do not take proper steps to verify age and this is a problem. We work with all local regulators to help prevent this from happening. We fully support consequences for retailers who sell vaping products to those below the legal vaping age.

3. On NHS use of vapes: we fully support the UK’s progressive stance on tobacco harm reduction and the innovative ways they are helping smokers. The people damaging the reputation of the vaping industry are those who irresponsibly sell to minors. We are always happy to cooperate with authorities when it comes to stopping this from happening.

Thanks @Innokin for the reply as you have stated Complex issues indeed, I do appreciate your contribution to tobacco harm reduction and other issues within the vaping world.

Hi @TP 72, thanks for your comment. You have touched on some complex issues, but let me try to answer them to my best ability.

1. On the manufacturing of disposable vapes: at Innokin, the first priority of our mission as a company is to accelerate tobacco harm reduction and provide adult smokers with effective tools. Over the past few years, many smokers have made the switch to using disposable devices, since they are very user-friendly and present a low cost to entry for new vapers in the short term. We fully recognize that disposable vapes are inherently more wasteful than refillable devices and encourage our customers to transition to more sustainable products if possible. We are also working to create disposable vapes with reduced waste where possible. We care deeply about reducing our impact on the environment, and balancing this goal with our tobacco harm reduction mission will always be a challenge that we work on.

2. On child access to vaping: we never want children to use our products or any vaping product. Unfortunately, some unscrupulous sellers do not take proper steps to verify age and this is a problem. We work with all local regulators to help prevent this from happening. We fully support consequences for retailers who sell vaping products to those below the legal vaping age.

3. On NHS use of vapes: we fully support the UK’s progressive stance on tobacco harm reduction and the innovative ways they are helping smokers. The people damaging the reputation of the vaping industry are those who irresponsibly sell to minors. We are always happy to cooperate with authorities when it comes to stopping this from happening.
Hi @Innokin,
I for one would like to say well done on the work you've been doing to date on the support you've shown and work you've done. I'm not aware of any other vape manufacturer that goes to the lengths youve gone to help make environmental improvements.
Your packaging and your recyclable disposibles are a giant step forward. Your initiatives and campaigns are also commendable.
WELL DONE.

Back
Top Bottom