What's new

Vapelustion Hannya II Mod

Gitchy

Achiever
@Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

The Vapelustion Hannya II Mod

PXL_20220831_123835290.jpg

https://www.sourcemore.com/vapelustion-hannya-ii-230w-box-mod.html

The discount code for this one brings it down to $48.99 and is HAN2K.

The Hannya II is a dual battery mod that goes up to 230w. It takes external 18650 batteries. The mod takes up to around 26mm tanks and is made primarily of a strong plastic, with zinc alloy panels and the usual stainless steel 510 fitting. The pull for this mod is the 4 replaceable manga style panels and, thankfully, you get all 4 in the pack so there’s no extra purchase needed for them.

In the box you get:
1 Vapelustion Hannya II Mod
4 Different Replacement Panels
1 Type-C USB Cable
1 User Manual
1 Sticker Packet

Style wise I love this mod. It’s just my style and I even liked the box it came in. It looks a bit like the older boxy mods you used to get a couple of years ago but is still designed nicely so that it’s comfortable to hold. There are no sharp corners or edges on it, which surprised me due to its look in photos. The buttons and screen are recessed a little into the face so that it’s harder to pocket fire; a problem I have a lot with more popular mods. The amount of times I pocket fire or adjust wattage up to the maximum happens all too often with other mods as I’m too stupid to lock the buttons most times. The body of the mod is made of plastic but is made very strong due to the design of the battery enclosure. It also makes for a very light dual battery mod, the only real weight comes from putting batteries in and a tank on top. I also like that the batteries get put in so that the positive end does not have to be pushed into the extending connections, I’ve had a few Molicells ruined because of having to push the positive end down onto a big springy connector recently.

As I said, the big pull here is the art design panels. The 4 of them are included in the box and are very manga style, with a few demon samurais and a demon geisha to decorate with. The panels are made of zinc alloy so just slap onto the magnets in the mod and they do stay on quite well. I’ve not dropped it yet but I’m hopeful that the batteries would stay in due to the recessed design of the battery sled. It’s quite clear that the designers have thought about a lot of things when making this mod. You also get some lovely stickers included, some with Vapelustion branding and others with just the manga style artwork on them. I have a vape case that I like to pop stickers onto so they’ll do nicely for that.

PXL_20220831_123908137.jpg

Function wise it’s also pretty good. Three clicks take you to the menu that lets you select VW, Ti TC, SS TC, Ni TC, DVW (what’s that?) TCR and Bypass. Once you’ve selected the mode you can change the colour of the screen if you like and then a long click gets you back to vaping. I’ll admit I had to look at the manual to figure out how to use the different modes other than VW once you’re in there. It took me a while to stop resetting the puff counter and actually get in there. It’s a combination of holding the + and fire button to get into the different options and it’s quite complicated to navigate but once you get it down it’s ok. I personally just use VW most of the time but be sure to look at the manual if you’re planning on using TC and be careful as it auto sets at 230w on the TC options so it does need turned down once you figure out how to do that.

PXL_20220831_123916195.jpg

In use it’s easy enough in VW mode as I’ve noted, just plonk a tank on, set the wattage and go. One thing to note is that the wattage goes up in 0.1 increments unless you hold the adjustment button so this is a good mod for MTL. A lot of manufacturers seem to have done away with the 0.1 increments on their dual battery mods to appease the impatient. I found the buttons responsive and the fire button fires the mod up nice and quickly, the blurb notes it fires in 0.015 to give ‘instant ignition’ but I don’t know how you’d measure that to be honest. I used my mesh rebuildable on the mod and it does work well, the vape is nice and consistent. As already noted I find the mod comfortable in my hand and it is nice and light for a dual battery device. When you dive into TC etc it works well too. I only use it for SS mesh but once I figured out how to set things using the manual I had a shot and it’s decent TC. I still don’t quite understand what DVW is but it seems that you can set a wattage in wattage mode for 2 seconds then 2 seconds later it goes to a different wattage. It's hard to explain but that's the general jist I got.

PXL_20220831_124009589.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg

Overall it’s a great mod if you like the art style on it. The panels give it personality and the fact you get all 4 designs is a big plus. I personally love it and have been trying to get Sourcemore to send me one for the past few reviews. I also love the stickers they put in too. The functionality is good and there are options for those who want them. The mod is light and even though it has the older mod look is still comfortable to hold. Unfortunately for me my missus claimed it when she saw me using it yesterday so I’ve had to steal it back to use it while typing up this review. Ah well, looks like I might have to buy another for myself.

PXL_20220831_124100893.jpg

Great review @Gitchy and a beautiful looking mod, I love Hannya artwork. I've always thought it a bit odd for a Chinese company to go with the Japanese form rather than their own Manhua though.

I'd really love it if they brought out a metal version too. This one appears just a little too plastic.

Great review @Gitchy and a beautiful looking mod, I love Hannya artwork. I've always thought it a bit odd for a Chinese company to go with the Japanese form rather than their own Manhua though.

I'd really love it if they brought out a metal version too. This one appears just a little too plastic.

Yeah I thought that too. So much Chinese mythology they could tap into but I suppose Japanese culture is very popular everywhere.

I barely notice it's plastic tbh. It's really well made and they've clearly thought about the design.

It's strange, for such a powerful nation sometimes China seems to show such little self-confidence. I'd not see any harm in them expressing their own identity a little more.

@Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

The Vapelustion Hannya II Mod

View attachment 288872

https://www.sourcemore.com/vapelustion-hannya-ii-230w-box-mod.html

The discount code for this one brings it down to $48.99 and is HAN2K.

The Hannya II is a dual battery mod that goes up to 230w. It takes external 18650 batteries. The mod takes up to around 26mm tanks and is made primarily of a strong plastic, with zinc alloy panels and the usual stainless steel 510 fitting. The pull for this mod is the 4 replaceable manga style panels and, thankfully, you get all 4 in the pack so there’s no extra purchase needed for them.

In the box you get:
1 Vapelustion Hannya II Mod
4 Different Replacement Panels
1 Type-C USB Cable
1 User Manual
1 Sticker Packet

Style wise I love this mod. It’s just my style and I even liked the box it came in. It looks a bit like the older boxy mods you used to get a couple of years ago but is still designed nicely so that it’s comfortable to hold. There are no sharp corners or edges on it, which surprised me due to its look in photos. The buttons and screen are recessed a little into the face so that it’s harder to pocket fire; a problem I have a lot with more popular mods. The amount of times I pocket fire or adjust wattage up to the maximum happens all too often with other mods as I’m too stupid to lock the buttons most times. The body of the mod is made of plastic but is made very strong due to the design of the battery enclosure. It also makes for a very light dual battery mod, the only real weight comes from putting batteries in and a tank on top. I also like that the batteries get put in so that the positive end does not have to be pushed into the extending connections, I’ve had a few Molicells ruined because of having to push the positive end down onto a big springy connector recently.

As I said, the big pull here is the art design panels. The 4 of them are included in the box and are very manga style, with a few demon samurais and a demon geisha to decorate with. The panels are made of zinc alloy so just slap onto the magnets in the mod and they do stay on quite well. I’ve not dropped it yet but I’m hopeful that the batteries would stay in due to the recessed design of the battery sled. It’s quite clear that the designers have thought about a lot of things when making this mod. You also get some lovely stickers included, some with Vapelustion branding and others with just the manga style artwork on them. I have a vape case that I like to pop stickers onto so they’ll do nicely for that.

View attachment 288873

Function wise it’s also pretty good. Three clicks take you to the menu that lets you select VW, Ti TC, SS TC, Ni TC, DVW (what’s that?) TCR and Bypass. Once you’ve selected the mode you can change the colour of the screen if you like and then a long click gets you back to vaping. I’ll admit I had to look at the manual to figure out how to use the different modes other than VW once you’re in there. It took me a while to stop resetting the puff counter and actually get in there. It’s a combination of holding the + and fire button to get into the different options and it’s quite complicated to navigate but once you get it down it’s ok. I personally just use VW most of the time but be sure to look at the manual if you’re planning on using TC and be careful as it auto sets at 230w on the TC options so it does need turned down once you figure out how to do that.

View attachment 288874

In use it’s easy enough in VW mode as I’ve noted, just plonk a tank on, set the wattage and go. One thing to note is that the wattage goes up in 0.1 increments unless you hold the adjustment button so this is a good mod for MTL. A lot of manufacturers seem to have done away with the 0.1 increments on their dual battery mods to appease the impatient. I found the buttons responsive and the fire button fires the mod up nice and quickly, the blurb notes it fires in 0.015 to give ‘instant ignition’ but I don’t know how you’d measure that to be honest. I used my mesh rebuildable on the mod and it does work well, the vape is nice and consistent. As already noted I find the mod comfortable in my hand and it is nice and light for a dual battery device. When you dive into TC etc it works well too. I only use it for SS mesh but once I figured out how to set things using the manual I had a shot and it’s decent TC. I still don’t quite understand what DVW is but it seems that you can set a wattage in wattage mode for 2 seconds then 2 seconds later it goes to a different wattage. It's hard to explain but that's the general jist I got.

View attachment 288875

Overall it’s a great mod if you like the art style on it. The panels give it personality and the fact you get all 4 designs is a big plus. I personally love it and have been trying to get Sourcemore to send me one for the past few reviews. I also love the stickers they put in too. The functionality is good and there are options for those who want them. The mod is light and even though it has the older mod look is still comfortable to hold. Unfortunately for me my missus claimed it when she saw me using it yesterday so I’ve had to steal it back to use it while typing up this review. Ah well, looks like I might have to buy another for myself.

View attachment 288876
Good one Gitchy. :thumbup:
It is odd they chose Japanese artwork given they as countries can't stand each other! My guess is that Japanese artwork is popular and sells.

Back
Top Bottom