What's new

Vaper Sues Sony Over Exploding Battery

Then idiots did stupid crap that wouldn't even be entertained in courts if not for lack of warning, and the original doubters fears became justified
Too many idiots about these days ... idiots like vapers for example. :)

The whole issue here is really the re-selling thing. Lots of resellers include their own safety leaflets now but a lot don't, I remember buying my first ever 18650 and it just came in a white card box with no warnings or information. In my ignorance it looked just like a big AA cell and I had no idea of the potential of these cells. I'm not sure I would have just carried it around loose in my pocket but I certainly didn't take as much care as I do now.

I think people are so used to seeing warnings all over packaging/items when they buy something that doesn't have that they don't even imagine the dangers.

It all goes back to the fact that these aren't really consumer cells....and is it fair to expect people to just 'know' this stuff?

I'm not really interested in the whole suing side of it, but people reselling cells need to do their bit in making sure people know what they are buying and what NOT to do with them.

Sony should be sued but not for this exploding battery incident,sony should be sued for signing ABBA to thier record label.
The pain and misery of 30 plus years of hearing abba surely deserves some kind of compensation :17::17:.

It's the dull, pastel colours of the wraps that's the main problem, Sony et al are clearly targetting irresponsible chavs.
More grammar schools is the answer.

send all your Sony batteries to these guys along with your old keys and just 30 pence in 2p coins.

to.

Massive Tools
C/O Ann R Soul
Bell end House
Seefbro Walk
Chavsbroogh
ID10TS

images

User error should not equal blame on the manufacturer, if anything the retailer who sold the batteries should be providing safety information when the sale takes place. Chances are they did provide this information and the user chose to ignore the warnings.

Too many idiots about these days ... idiots like vapers for example. :)
It's just the batteries really, I think the ones we use are the only not to state on the cell they short circuits are bad ( even a durcacell AA can cause minor burns in a pocket with keys)
But here we have someone attempting to sue a company that prints "do not use outside of battery pack" covering a large part the wrap and thinks he will win

We learn from a young age that electricity is dangerous and told not to stick our fingers in sockets. So why the hell do people not educate themselves with batteries. I for one stuck with mods with internal cells until I had done my homework.

Back
Top Bottom