What's new

Vapes could be prescription-only under Labour government

Toby iVapour

Vendor
From the Telegraph -
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/12/05/vaping-prescription-labour-government-ecigarettes/
Vapes could be made prescription-only by a Labour government to stop children getting hooked on the “gateway drug”, the shadow health secretary has said.

Wes Streeting said that the party was considering the move as he accused “Big Tobacco” and the vaping industry of “crying crocodile tears” about the rise of vaping among children.

During a visit to Australia last week, he said that the vaping industry should be made to go “back to its roots” as a genuine smoking cessation aid, only available to those trying to quit.
Ah, the Australia model.. well, we all know what a success that has been...

Never mind it's so easy to see your GP these days you'd be able to get a prescription no probs and good luck with finding anywhere that's still in business to buy one so it's the black market or your pharmacy. A load of bollox.

Not surprised, in fact I've been telling my wife for ages that I thought labour would try and go down the prescription route :angrymob:

Have you ever wondered why they never consider just making cigarrettes prescription only?

I'm not surprised at this and it is what i would expect

so you have three areas to consider

the loss of companies and all those shops shut is a massive hit

the increase in the black market in terms of disposables is huge we cant stop stuff being imported illegally now so how are you going to stop them

and every man and his dog will be mixing juice so there could be anything in it and he will sell the stuff everywhere like any normal drug dealer

it's a horrifying situation.

So Sir Keir (i love Thatcher) Starmer is an arsehole. Surprise, surprise.

So Sir Keir (i love Thatcher) Starmer is an arsehole. Surprise, surprise.

He's only interested in winning the next election but I think the shadow minister for health who is proposing this is an even bigger one.

He's only interested in winning the next election but I think the shadow minister for health who is proposing this is an even bigger one.
It's been slowly happening, but our political system is now totally a clone of the US system. We have a choice of 2 right wing parties to form the next government.
Any left leaning voter has no major party to vote for.

Lets all eat the fkin children....more than half of them are wee wasted bastards anyway...problem solved:)

Back
Top Bottom