What's new

Vapeshell flood after filling

zouzounaki

Olympian
It’s flooding after I fill it. I think it might be how I’ve worked it. I cut them shorter this time, since that seems to be the consensus on how to do it. But I think next time I leave it king and tuck it under to sit over the holes like I did with the first two builds, it seemed to work better for me.

It’s leaked out the bottom as well but I’ve been sitting it on it’s side and had some cotton wrapped round the pin so hopefully that’s ok. No time to rebuild it till later as I have a baby teetering on the edge of a tantrum and requiring constant entertainment to stave it off... :D Maybe later once he’s asleep.

@zouzounaki just go back to the method you used 1st time around Let me tell you this though, I have never seen, read, or watched so much bollox on any atty compared to the Vape Shell :(
Just follow the atmizoo vides and you really can’t go wrong. If you feel you have over packed the cotton, just flip the base over and gently poke the wick via the juice feed holes. But GENTLY!!!!

Just keep it simple and go back to how you did it previously. I find it very forgiving for wicking.

I put my first build in my vapeshell today. I followed Todd's build here

I've gone through one and a half tanks and no leaking. I'm well impressed and beats having to change out nautilus coils every other day. I used a 2.5mm kanthal Clapton type coil. Cotton bacon cotton, trimmed along the sides of the rectangle as Todd did. I didn't stuff the cotton down the sides but placed it down the sides. I did perfectly line up the hole of the coil with the diagonals of the build deck. Did the job anyway.

Thanks gentlemen, we are back up and running. I emptied it out and started again. 2.5mm coil this time, raised up slightly, cut the cotton a bit longer than the chamber again and folded it under and into the gaps with a toothpick like I did the first time. It’s working perfectly again, seems this is the way for me. Maybe ut’s the toothpick, I used tweezers the last time!

Emptying it out with an empty bottle was much easier than I thought it would be.

The wee man had his tantrum eventually, but is now in the bedroom with his mum listening to roger eno, having some food and falling asleep. Time for me to have a cheeky brandy and puff this for a while before I fall asleep myself.

Thanks gentlemen, we are back up and running. I emptied it out and started again. 2.5mm coil this time, raised up slightly, cut the cotton a bit longer than the chamber again and folded it under and into the gaps with a toothpick like I did the first time. It’s working perfectly again, seems this is the way for me. Maybe ut’s the toothpick, I used tweezers the last time!

Emptying it out with an empty bottle was much easier than I thought it would be.

The wee man had his tantrum eventually, but is now in the bedroom with his mum listening to roger eno, having some food and falling asleep. Time for me to have a cheeky brandy and puff this for a while before I fall asleep myself.

breathing a sigh of relief for you. Sounds like it's all good again

Mine arrived today and a pack of MTL reducers, which size did you go for? I was going to try the 2nd smallest.

Back
Top Bottom