What's new

Vapesnail MTL SS316 build suggestions

onion

Achiever
Got a Vapesnail on the way courtesy of @domejunky and a SXK 60w bb from pro vapes.

I want to start off with a bit of TC using SS and have read as many of the threads on here as I can do. The trouble is, although I’ve seen some build suggestions I can’t remember where they are and don’t fancy trawling through those threads again, so I thought I’d ask for some help from you guys.

searching seem to suggest that I’m best to aim for somewhere between 0.5-0.8ohms using a spaced coil. steam engine suggests 6 wraps of 28awg with a 3mm Id coil to get to 0.7ohms. Is this a sensible approach?

haven’t bought any wire yet but see that there’s 316 and 316L, what difference does this make?

Finally, thinking back to days gone by I’d always use a Clapton to maximise flavour, is this applicable here? If so, can you recommend what I should look for (or where to buy)?

(for the tobacco vapers, I’m also after something nice to puff on all day - is manabush still the go to?)

TL: DR - recommend me a SS TC setup to go in a Vapesnail please :)

Last edited:
316L is a low carbon version of 316, other than a very tiny difference in TCR value I don't think there's any significant difference for vaping.

316L is a low carbon version of 316, other than a very tiny difference in TCR value I don't think there's any significant difference for vaping.

thanks, just thought I’d make sure since my last foray into TC was years ago with Ni200 and that seemed to be a bit of a minefield of dos and don’ts.

thanks, just thought I’d make sure since my last foray into TC was years ago with Ni200 and that seemed to be a bit of a minefield of dos and don’ts.

Sorry I can't help with the rest, never used a vapesnail or a BB. :)

6 - 7 wraps of 28awg spaced is my usual build though (but 2.5mm ID)

I use coilology ss 28/40 mtl clapton wire 2.5 id .... no two identical set ups are the same in tc (just the way it is).
Aye, manabush are still good, they do what they do, but for me seem a little stuck in their ways re tobacco.
The juice cabins nets n hybrid nets are really good, wide range and concentrates.

Back
Top Bottom