What's new

MTL Ennequadro Moka MTL RTA Clone

Netvaper

Achiever
This is an unbranded clone of the high end Ennequadro Moka I came across on AliExpress from Wolf Coolvape for £22 delivered, it sounded interesting so took a punt. Having used it for a while this is what I made of it.

They’ve crammed quite a lot inside a tall thin plastic slip over box; the 22mm 316 SS atty with a 4.4ml clear glass tank and a straight metal 510 drip tip, 3 chambers (plain dome, stepped dome and stepped) spare glass/o-rings/deck and base screws, a tiny cross head screwdriver and a nice screw thread black atty stand. Height without drip tip is 37mm, weight is 47g.

IMG20231003102835[1].jpgIMG20230928102714[1].jpg

It’s bottom fill and gravity fed with a single coil pull/push fit deck and comes with 8 under coil air flow pins and two fixed external airflow inlets. The air pins need a fairly large slot head screwdriver, unlike the original the sizes aren't marked but I assume they are the same; 1, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2, 2x0.8, 2x1 and 4x0.8mm. Branding is the same as the original and is understated. The atty comes to bits and back together again fine though the top o-ring on the glass is on the tight side, the build quality and threading is decent. It has a base plate with 2 screws that can be removed if no air pin is fitted, I assume to give it a thorough clean, the 510 pin protrudes slightly. I like the design though not so much the drip tip which is a loose fit so I used another one. I found a tiny split o-ring inside the tank and a spare one but I couldn’t work out where it is supposed to fit as it’s too small for the chimney. I didn’t have any problems without a home for it but I do wonder what it’s for.

To fill hold upside down and unscrew the glass section holding it at the base, it’s quite a long thread. To access the deck pull the tank up, it will only refit one way, line up the two cut outs either side above the air inlets on the base and push the tank down, it is held securely in place by two o-rings and works well. The chambers are quite condensed and you can tell the inner shape from the outside as the top mirrors what’s on the inside, they can be changed without draining the tank which is nice feature. Hold upside down, pull the tank off the deck, unscrew the chamber from the chimney and fit another one. For 22mm the deck is open and spacious and has 2 posts offset to the coil and a ledge on each side with a cut out to rest a coil rod on to fit a coil. There are what look like two shallow juice wells but being gravity fed they’re for condensation purposes rather than placing your wick in them in an S shape though you could if you like. Coiling and wicking is straightforward enough, I used a simple round 28g wire 2.5mm id coil (3mm will fit), left the coil height as fitted, placed the wick straight across, trimmed to just outside the edge of the deck, gave a light fluff, primed, tucked the tails inside the deck up to the ledges and found that worked well.

IMG20230928104123[1].jpgIMG20231003095303[1].jpgIMG20231003140555[1].jpg

The positive post block, which the air pin screws into, is loose and with no pin it will fall out, when fitted the pin is raised above the base of the deck. They’re quite a tight fit and inserting a pin moves the block and with a build in there will dislodge it, at least it did mine. Because of that I only tried all the pins without a build to see how the draw was and decided to try the 1 and 2x0.8mm with a build as I prefer a relatively tight draw.

The 2x0.8mm pin suited me best, the draw was quiet and smooth and I had no leaking or gurgling, some condensation collects in those wells but nothing excessive. I vaped a 50/50 Drake’s Burley NET as I’m very familiar with that juice and it tasted just as I expected. I don't know what flavour profiles the different chimneys are aimed at but as it’s easy to I tried them all and did notice a little difference. The plain dome being the sharpest flavour wise, the stepped dome more rounded and the stepped about the same. Aesthetically the stepped one looks the nicest to me as it matches the ringed pattern on the rta so I use that one.

My only real issue so far is changing the air pin can’t be done on the fly without disturbing the build which is a shame as otherwise it’s hard to find much wrong with it. That said unless you like to change air pins once you’ve settled on the one you prefer you’ll most likely leave as is and overall it’s a nice, easy to use, inexpensive mtl rta that produces very nice flavour.

There are a few reviews of the original Moka online but I only found one in English and that indicates it also has the above issue.

Back
Top Bottom