What's new

MTL Dvarw CL RTA Clone

Netvaper

Achiever
Having heard such good things about Dvarws I decided to give an unbranded clone of the new Dvarw CL rta a try for £18 delivered from AliExpress. Having used it for a while this is what I made of it.

What’s In the box
A 3.5ml 22mm SS atomiser with clear glass tank, 11 marked airflow inserts (1*0.8, 1, 1.2, 1.5 and 2mm, 2*0.8, 1.2, 1.5, and 2mm and 3*0.6 and 0.8mm), an L shaped 1.5mm hex key, some spare o-rings and 2 spare hex screws. Branding is as per the original, height is 33mm (excluding drip tip and 510), weight is 42g. It came disassembled but it fitted together fine, it was clean and the build quality and threading are reasonable enough.

Airflow, Coiling & Wicking
There's a single external air inlet and an under coil airflow insert that's a bit fiddly to fit, I could change it with a coil fitted but not once wicked so trying them out is a bit of a faff. I tried a 2*0.8 and then a 3*0.8 with a build and have stuck with the latter but I’ll probably try some of the many others when I re-wick.

It has plain opposite posts and I used a 28g round wire 2.5mm id coil, fitting it is easy enough though I’m not a fan of the tiny hex key. The raison d'etre of the CL is a higher coil position for more throat hit but I prefer a moderate one so I placed it relatively low.

The deck is open with no wells so needs a fair bit of cotton and due to the separate push on chamber and cap it certainly isn't straightforward to wick and removing the chamber to re-wick is a bit messy, I used a method I’d seen online that worked well. After threading the cotton through the coil lift the legs and fit the chamber over them onto the deck so the juice inlets are in line with the coil, fold the tails over the chamber and trim to the inside of the deck, fluff and tuck them inside to cover the inlets and around the deck up to the posts, prime and put the chamber cap on.

IMG20240123110247[1].jpgIMG20240123110904[1].jpgIMG20240123112716[1].jpg

Filling, Draw & Flavour

Removing the tank to fill from the bottom is straightforward, hold the fairly narrow base, grip the metal section of the tank and a half turn removes it from the deck. However the cap often stays on the chimney rather than the chamber so it partly obscures the fill ports. I filled it like that with a thin needle bottle and screwed the tank back on or you can remove the cap and refit but that’s a bit messy. I tried swapping the cap’s bottom and top o-rings but it didn’t fix it.

I vaped a 50:50 Drake’s Burley NET in it, the draw is very smooth and quiet with no leaking or gurgling though it can sweat slightly at the base. The flavour is very good, and it gives a full and rounded vape which is slightly more on the dry than the sweet side.

IMG20240123124410[1].jpg

Final Thoughts

It has some niggles, wicking it is a faff, it can sweat slightly, the chamber cap tends to stay on the chimney and I dislike the hex key but it’s a nice clean looking and dinky rta that produces a lovely draw and vape so for the price I can’t really complain.

Back
Top Bottom